Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cycling to the Amex

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Thinking about it for the Newport game. Trouble is it is uphill from Brighton levels. Any tips please? Cycling parking seems OK. Just wondering about the route?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If 7 year old jnr Stat can manage it, I'm pretty sure you'll be ok.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Thinking about it for the Newport game. Trouble is it is uphill from Brighton levels. Any tips please? Cycling parking seems OK. Just wondering about the route?

Brighton levels? Is that anywhere near the North Lanes?

Last edited:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

It's pretty flat all the way from the sea front up the Lewes Rd. I'm expecting my 7&9yr olds to be fine with it.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
If you think that Lewes Road up to the Amex is tough, you really don't want to tackle any of Brighton's hills. :)

My kids regularly cycle to the Amex and have done since they were 5 and 8.

Joe Pineapples

Mar 28, 2010
Brighton
The on-road cycle routes from the Level to the Amex are OK. Obviously Lewes Road is rather busy, and you need to keep your wits about you for bus stops and whatnot, but in terms of actual exertion it's pretty easy. Plus, there's beer to slake your thirst upon arrival.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The on-road cycle routes from the Level to the Amex are OK. Obviously Lewes Road is rather busy, and you need to keep your wits about you for bus stops and whatnot, but in terms of actual exertion it's pretty easy. Plus, there's beer to slake your thirst upon arrival.

Bus stops after the Vogue system are easier now - most of them have the new-fangled cycle lanes that go at the rear of the stops

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton
Been doing it for two years now - I'm 67 with a replacement knee - if I can manage it ..........

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here