Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why do some of us refer to palace as that club up the road when they clearly not?

superbhafc

Banned
Jul 29, 2013
I have seen a lot of people on hear refer to the scum as that club up the road. But they are clearly not up the road are they. They are a London club we are a Sussex club with like 40 miles between us. The hate is from past events not from location.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I have seen a lot of people on hear refer to the scum as that club up the road. But they are clearly not up the road are they. They are a London club we are a Sussex club with like 40 miles between us. The hate is from past events not from location.

They were the nearest league club to us for over 90 years.

superbhafc

Banned
Jul 29, 2013
Still bloody far though. And you could know way have ever called them our local rivals.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
The A23/M23/A23 goes from Brighton to Croydon. Therefore they are, as often mentioned, up the road.

superbhafc

Banned
Jul 29, 2013

They are still 40 odd miles away so know way local. Charlton, Millwall they are local to them along with all the other London clubs not us. And that shithole selhurst is not in croydon.

superbhafc

Banned
Jul 29, 2013
The A23/M23/A23 goes from Brighton to Croydon. Therefore they are, as often mentioned, up the road.

again the mancs and the scousers is a historical rivalry not an geographical one. Why do I care simple I am a bit of a jobworth and hate :rolleyes:

superbhafc

Banned
Jul 29, 2013
They are still 40 odd miles away so know way local. Charlton, Millwall they are local to them along with all the other London clubs not us. And that shithole selhurst is not in croydon.

Thanks billy the fish I am young but I have driven the a23 and I am not thick. But you cannot say palace are a local team can you?

superbhafc

Banned
Jul 29, 2013
A derby is two local clubs . What we have with the scum is a rivalry. Formed out of history.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here