Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Football League Paper and Oscar

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
The Football League Paper is back and on the centre pages is an interview with Oscar!
Really like what has been said about him and by him. Just like to relay a couple of the points.

"So what can Brighton fans expect?"

"Every manager has his way and I am trying to change the team. I have watched the team a lot on DVD and the main thing is to score more goals. The team had many chances last year but did not take them. This is one thing I am trying to improve."

"They will also get loyalty"
"Club Brugge offered me a lot of money to leave Maccabi" he explains"Three or four times more than I earned and it would have taken care of my family for life. But I turned it down. The project at Maccabi and the fans were more important"

"So with that in mind is Brighton simply another stepping stone?"
"Right now I am manager of Brighton in the championship. At this moment , my only ambition is to do my best for them"

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
I for one am really happy with Oscar. He seems like a great guy who knows his stuff and isn't just interested in the money. I'm sure he will give us 100% all the time his heart is in the job. If he loses heart then he will probably move on but I guess that's not a bad thing. I'm sure it's gonna be a great season

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Me too. If only every manager behaved like him.....

Especially his predecessor. Oscar has a bit of dignity about him and I can't ever imagine him gobbing off to the press at every opportunity about things that were nothing really to do with him, like the Suarez saga. It was embarassing, to say the least.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
Just in case Oscar's quote from yesterday hasn't made it onto this thread:-

"the players will find out tomorrow what they did wrong today".

Thats a great quote :ascarf:

BuddyBoy

Mar 3, 2013
Love the aspect of loyalty. Something we struggled with in the later Gus era and it hurt a lot of fans. I've a feeling OG understands what a club and a fan base essential is.

Buckley's Mad Eye

Oct 27, 2012
The FL paper is a very useful tool for your football bets, you get a decent overview of non-PL teams that you simply don't get elsewhere.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
I was disappointed with this issue of the FL paper. Teething troubles with match stats etc. but it's usually a good read.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here