Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Very Encouraged...

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
No I didn't go yesterday, but with the radio in one ear and sky sports in the other. I was very pleased with what I was hearing. True we lost a game where we won last season, but we will also win games where we lost last season. I firmly believe that a Poyet side would have walked away with a point, but one win is as good as three draws and we will not draw 18 games this season playing like that. I think for a first competitive game under Oscar, in front of 33.000 of some of the most hostile fans in the country, we done ok. Could have easily come away with three points had Buckley buried that header and the ref spotted the handball....Swings and round about's and with Oscar's handling of the questions afterwards, we might just start to find we get a few more decisions go our way this season....Ok, not the start we all wanted but I for one am very encouraged by the performance. Can't wait till Saturday now. We still need a left back and a goalscoring striker though, who can come off the bench and score a goal in the Phillips mould......

One last thing, for all the Poyet's lickers screaming about him last night.....He wanted to leave us and obvious had something lined up!!!!!!....or are you all so sad your happy to sleep with someone, fully knowing that they don't really want you and are screwing you behind your back all day.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Someone was screaming about him last night? Where was that?

Can you make a post about the team or game without referring to Gus? Does that make you as bad as the lickers who can't get over it?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Someone was screaming about him last night? Where was that?

Can you make a post about the team or game without referring to Gus? Does that make you as bad as the lickers who can't get over it?

Maybe it does. But then you jumping on every comment i ever post, makes you worse than all of them. Is he your lover or something???

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I can't possibly give an opinion because I wasn't there. I listened to the radio but can't draw a conlcusion from that as it always is somewhat biased. :smile:

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
I can't possibly give an opinion because I wasn't there. I listened to the radio but can't draw a conlcusion from that as it always is somewhat biased. :smile:

Spot on. I think we will have a slow start this season to be honest. Regarding the radio, why does that bloody commentator always scream far more when we miss a good chance than when we score. I have never been so irritated by a BBC Sussex commentator.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells

That's fair enough. But I was going more on what John Salako was saying. Now no one can accuse him of being bias. He was very impressed at times.

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
I did go yesterday. Prior to KO I was concerned we weren't starting with any wingers. First 10 mins we took the game to them and deserved to take the lead. Soon as Leeds scored we looked very shaky. IMHO Crofts, Dave, Orlandi & Bruno were poor. Ulloa had to drop way too deep, worked very hard. Looked better for the introduction of Buckley & Kaz. Kemy looked promising and could be a gem when fully fit. Highlighted the obvious need for a decent LB. Calde worked hard, will be fine at RB. Could of gone either way, hopefully Oscar learnt a lot. We can't line up like that for every away game. It's too narrow with not enough attacking threat. Gutted to lose the game in that fashion. Draw would have been a fair reflection on the game. Championship will be much stronger this season. Top 10 finish and I'll be happy.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
That's fair enough. But I was going more on what John Salako was saying. Now no one can accuse him of being bias. He was very impressed at times.

:lolol:
Brilliant.

How about this for an idea? Make your opinions based on what you see with your own eyes. Give that a go, perhaps? Little bit more trustworthy and reliable.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Maybe it does. But then you jumping on every comment i ever post, makes you worse than all of them. Is he your lover or something???

All getting a bit personal isent it.

''One win is as good as three draws''...yes providing you get that win ..and as you rightly point out we won this game last season ...we didnt seem to play for a draw then..anyway gus is history now although you seem to have brought him up again in the thread opener...Garcia is our immediate future

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
LamieRobertson;5862879...Garcia is out immediate future[/QUOTE said:
NNOOOOOOOO :facepalm:

Say it's not so

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Not sure radio the right impression . After all according to them bridcutts groin went , calderons hamstring went , buckleys hamstring went and several other times they claimed injuries for players on both sides . Noticed they did this end of last season . Adds to the stress when listening

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Whether we had won 7-0 or lost 0-7 it wouldn't have much baring on the season as a whole (Norwich went up after loosing 1-7 first game and all their fans flapping).

We should have drawn, away, to one of the top clubs in the league but the ref beat us. Oh well move on, discuss it after 10 games

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
No I didn't go yesterday, but with the radio in one ear and sky sports in the other. I was very pleased with what I was hearing. True we lost a game where we won last season, but we will also win games where we lost last season. I firmly believe that a Poyet side would have walked away with a point, but one win is as good as three draws and we will not draw 18 games this season playing like that. I think for a first competitive game under Oscar, in front of 33.000 of some of the most hostile fans in the country, we done ok. Could have easily come away with three points had Buckley buried that header and the ref spotted the handball....Swings and round about's and with Oscar's handling of the questions afterwards, we might just start to find we get a few more decisions go our way this season....Ok, not the start we all wanted but I for one am very encouraged by the performance. Can't wait till Saturday now. We still need a left back and a goalscoring striker though, who can come off the bench and score a goal in the Phillips mould......

One last thing, for all the Poyet's lickers screaming about him last night.....He wanted to leave us and obvious had something lined up!!!!!!....or are you all so sad your happy to sleep with someone, fully knowing that they don't really want you and are screwing you behind your back all day.

All of that based on a game you didn't go to.

Unsurprising.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I did go yesterday. Prior to KO I was concerned we weren't starting with any wingers. First 10 mins we took the game to them and deserved to take the lead. Soon as Leeds scored we looked very shaky. IMHO Crofts, Dave, Orlandi & Bruno were poor. Ulloa had to drop way too deep, worked very hard. Looked better for the introduction of Buckley & Kaz. Kemy looked promising and could be a gem when fully fit. Highlighted the obvious need for a decent LB. Calde worked hard, will be fine at RB. Could of gone either way, hopefully Oscar learnt a lot. We can't line up like that for every away game. It's too narrow with not enough attacking threat. Gutted to lose the game in that fashion. Draw would have been a fair reflection on the game. Championship will be much stronger this season. Top 10 finish and I'll be happy.

Cheers mate. I appreciate your opinion more than somebody with an obvious agenda, who really needs to let it go.
Then again, maybe the new coach will become the focal point of his ire soon.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004

I was there, and I wasn't overly impressed to be honest.
We were very, very good until we scored, and the goal was a brilliant move and a great finish.

After that we were a bit shit to be honest.

The lack of width was, frankly,unforgivable as we could have ripped Leeds apart with Orlandi down the left and Buckley cruising down the right.

Having read how attacking Oscar was going to be, it was all a little bit disappointing.

We also got a lot of the basics wrong... gave the ball away (even Bridcutt) didn't close them down etc.

If we play the way we did in the first 15 minutes for the rest of the season, we will win the league by 20 points.
That's the side I want to watch, but with the addition of our wingers please.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Cheers mate. I appreciate your opinion more than somebody with an obvious agenda, who really needs to let it go.
Then again, maybe the new coach will become the focal point of his ire soon.

The new coach is a foreigner so it won't take long.

Owen2002

Jun 25, 2012
Sussex

I was lucky enough to go yesterday, A draw was deserved but that's football... A very hard start to the very long season, roll on Saturday, we will all be smiling come 5 o'clock. Thanks for a quality post!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here