The most curious thing..
If its only E590, that's quite good - virtually break-even

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
€590 isn't that bad really.

Sell a few replica kits, problem solved.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I saw a prog somewhere a while back suggesting that they just used to go to their bank and ask for more money if they had to buy a Galactico or two, the bank would give it to them and never ask for it back in case they upset the fans and they all closed their accounts. No bank was prepared to say no in case it lost business.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
It will get to Spain, eventually.

To clarify, Spanish football. The country is the next Greece and Cyprus, financial black hole. But for now, they have two football clubs living a dream. WORLD football needs to change.

But I care only about the English game. Not European football. Our game is broken at the top. Man City have proven that this summer.

The Championship is a proper league. Competitive, open and far more honest. Even with the parachute payments for the failed Premier League teams.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I saw a prog somewhere a while back suggesting that they just used to go to their bank and ask for more money if they had to buy a Galactico or two, the bank would give it to them and never ask for it back in case they upset the fans and they all closed their accounts. No bank was prepared to say no in case it lost business.

yep, thats the situation as i understand, nice bit of corruption between clubs and businesses/government, especially Real and Barca. iirc one recently sell their training ground for an inflated amount that happend to clear all their debt. also note how Real and Barca got more TV revenue per year than the whole Premier Leauge combined, with 25% smaller population. in know the TV revenue split isnt spread like here, but the total amount doesnt make sence either. then theres the tax breaks for footballers, dont pay any for a period (notice how many players are moved on after 2/3 years regardless how well they've done)

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro
Barber to Real Madrid?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I thought the case with Real Madrid was that they are protected by Spanish Government and the Spanish royal family, so they can never go bust and if they need money either one of the above will bail them out - unless I've completely imagined that whole thing

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro
I thought the case with Real Madrid was that they are protected by Spanish Government and the Spanish royal family, so they can never go bust and if they need money either one of the above will bail them out - unless I've completely imagined that whole thing

Yes, "Real" means "royal".

I believe Bognor Regis FC have the same protection from the Queen.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007

The whole country is in debt - that includes the government and probably the royal family. When it goes pop the royal family will do a runner and live off the money they have already taken out of the country.

It seems to me the whole country including La Liga is built on debt, there are loads of houses, factories even airports, shops and bars all empty. Its pretty amazing state to be in if you think that 40-50 years ago they had Franco dictating over mainly a poor country.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here