Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Studying the dynamics of away fans. Very quick question. No piss take.

brixtonA23

Aug 5, 2011
How old are you?

Really not a piss take, but over the last 5 years, studying various teams, the more a team does well, the average age of away fans becomes lower. As in Einsteins equation, you need a constant, the constant being the die hard fans over years. If the constant decreases the away support will die over time and potentially the club itself.

I'm 46 away fan.
Last season 8.
This season 7 planned.

And although I've shared a taxi in Carlisle with Mr Knight, this study is not funded by the Brighton Board.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
49 and do around 15 away games a season

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
the typical away fan is going to tend to be younger because they have more free time/less commitment, but also more fickle and so will go less if the team is doing badly.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
27 years old.
Did 22/23 League aways last season (Missed Ipswich) , the play off Semi and the league cup away game too.

This season missing 5 due to going back to Uni.

79/92 current league grounds done.

brixtonA23

Aug 5, 2011
Thanks so far, will need about 100 to make a statistic.

Initial thoughts though are that technology doesn't scare the fifth decade brigade. We are the constant, which is bit scary, but signs are good in a quick percentage response.

brixtonA23

Aug 5, 2011
the typical away fan is going to tend to be younger because they have more free time/less commitment, but also more fickle and so will go less if the team is doing badly.

That is why the constant is so important. And you have just blown my conclusion without the groundwork. A+.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
35 and about 5 away games at the moment

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
55 (years old)

Used to do 10-15. More recently 2 or 3. The Amex is very nice - no longer hankering after the real deal . . .

tweenster

Oct 16, 2009
Lincoln
49. 11 away matches last year but I live in Lincoln so awaydays are much easier than 'home' games! Planning 10 or 11 awaydays this season.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

This. I used to go to loads in my 20's, less in my 30's, and even less now I'm 48 - I went to 1 last season :eek:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here