Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tickets sold for the Newport game

thedeadone

Jan 17, 2005
West Sussex
Just been on the ticket site to book up for the Newport game and I see that huge amounts of seats seem to be sold or unavailable in the north,east lower and west lower.have we really sold them all or are they still on hold for season ticket holders???

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Bet it'll be like the friendlies and vast areas of 'sold' tickets will remain empty

I've not bought mine yet & difficult to find a pair.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
I am pretty sure those tickets have actually been sold, they were available a while ago, think the crowd will be larger than the friendlies.

When I booked two tickets for the Villarreal game, the North Stand was showing only a few tickets in each block. At the game, the stand was barely half full. It was the same when I booked for the Newport game yesterday. I suspect it will be half empty again too.

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
When I booked two tickets for the Villarreal game, the North Stand was showing only a few tickets in each block. At the game, the stand was barely half full. It was the same when I booked for the Newport game yesterday. I suspect it will be half empty again too.

But the attendance was really pretty good for Villarreal and I would expect more than that on Tuesday, hey who knows

thedeadone

Jan 17, 2005
West Sussex
im gonna ring the club Monday for tickets then as would rather pay £12 for a seat in a prime place on the half way line rather then £12 for a seat next to the away fans.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Have heard over 9k have been sold, though its hard to see online how many are really available.

I'm in my normal ST seat at the back of the North and all around seats are unavailable, I think all the single seats have been taken off sale by the looks of it too.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Biggest crowd to watch the newly formed Newport County was probably 16,346 at Wembley last season in the Play-off Final. The attendance will do well to exceed that.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Biggest crowd to watch the newly formed Newport County was probably 16,346 at Wembley last season in the Play-off Final. The attendance will do well to exceed that.

What about the FA Trophy the season before? Attendance 19844 :shrug:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
How many Newport fans ? I would of thought at least 1k ?

On a Tuesday night, four hours drive from home?

I suppose the fact it's the school holidays will bring a few more down but they're not a massively supported club so can't see much more than that.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Well spotted. Are you Welsh?

Ha ha, no, but I sponsor a Newport players kit (David Pipe) and went to both their recent Wembley games #gloryhunter , oh and I go to see them 2 or 3 times a season, when the Albion aren't playing, of course.

Is that a question or a term of abuse?

He he :laugh:

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Stuff 'em. They did it for Villareal and we didn't go because apparently no pairs available. Cost the club my £24 + £10 car park + pies etc. If they're playing their silly games again, fans won't go. Anyone would think they don't want to sell tickets!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here