Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

chants or comments from leeds fans

bantam manc

Jan 27, 2010
hi, can anyone give me a serious account to any homophobic chanting or comments made by Leeds fans (or Brighton for that matter) that they witnessed today? Thanks.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
why?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

He/she is part of the Justin Campaign (going by their only other post).

I'm not quite sure how or why a post on an internet forum would be much good to them. One could make any old shit up.

I saw a fellow Albion fan wearing a pink Brighton shirt and a Bacardi Breezer. I called him a fag and would have smashed him round the face, had I not been in the company of some children and women.

See?

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
My choice of shirt (Reyn Spooner - Coral Divers) was criticised in a manner that I felt may (and I stress may) have had homophobic undertones.

Hope that helps.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I heard one brief chant of "we can see you holding hands" but that was it. Nothing to see here.

Heard that too after the game but it was Russ and Lucy holding hands which started the chant. :lol:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The Leeds fans were no problem. There was one bearded, bloated GOON in a baseball cap who was making slit throat signs at us before the kick off, but a steward spoke to him, and after bursting into tears briefly, he was quiet thereafter.

The most animated the Leeds fans became was when they were chanting celebrating the demise of 'Uncle' Ken Bates, and the ridding of their club from the cuddly absent minded former chairman, who had forgotten for a period of time that he owned the club.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

i'd venture he wants some ammunition with which to taint his rival yorkshiremen, in an internet forum fight to the death. or something.

Leeds would have sung "does your boyfriend know your here?" to which we'd have replied "you're too ugly to be gay".

mikes smalls

Dec 13, 2006
Isleworth
On the train home a friend of ours expressed some very homophobic views which I personally found offensive. It was in regards to some pink coral decoration on a men's shirt.

maglers

Apr 26, 2011
There was a brief attempt to strike up "we can see you holding hands" (and I must admit I did hold my 10-year-old's hand walking up the stairs) and some limp-wristed salutes, but all rather tame. Far worse were the couple of idiots sitting behind us who shouted constant abuse at the ref and the Leeds players and then smashed up a couple seats when the winner went in. Truly, truly pathetic.

timseagull

Oct 12, 2003
Mile Oak
On walking past the quality establishment of the united bar, our group were asked how many of us were gay, before asking my mrs, who yes I was holding hands with to get her tits out. And that was it.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
nothing to do with JC, our organisation is www.justaballgame.co.uk
we have been told as have other campaign groups that there has been some homophobia at the game so just wanted clarification, thanks.

Apologies if I sounded a little obtuse.

You would do well to check out the @Wearebrighton twitter account.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Few limp wrist gestures seemed to be about it.

Harry H

Comfortably numb.
Aug 11, 2010
All the poofs would have been at Pride today.
Noshing each other off.
Only the heartiest of Brightonians would have hauled ass up to Yorkshite.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
hi, can anyone give me a serious account to any homophobic chanting or comments made by Leeds fans (or Brighton for that matter) that they witnessed today? Thanks.

Just replied to your other thread. What's the matter with you?

Who cares what Leeds sang. Since you weren't there and since those who were have not commented, WTF?

Saints alive, if you want to start a thread, write something sensible FFS.

May I suggest watching some telly?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
All the poofs would have been at Pride today.
Noshing each other off.
Only the heartiest of Brightonians would have hauled ass up to Yorkshite.

Darren, please ban this numpty.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
I did comment that I was glad our goalkeeper wasn't wearing pink this time.

In fact, that was the worst I heard all day.

(Lucky I wasn't wearing my stripes when I went in the home pub opposite the ground.)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here