Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet must be off his peanut!

I'm not being funny, but just been looking at the photos' of the new academy, just bought a couple of tickets for the Newport game n think...what on earth was Gus thinking? The club is finally being run as a business (as it should be nowadays!). An amazing academy being built, our brilliantly finished stadium. Why and how could you not want to continue and see your team reach the top tier and know that you are part of a true legacy? I find the whole senario very strange indeed!

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
He's probably looked at our summer transfer activity and thinking his comments after the palace game have been vindicated.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I'm not being funny, but just been looking at the photos' of the new academy, just bought a couple of tickets for the Newport game n think...what on earth was Gus thinking? The club is finally being run as a business (as it should be nowadays!). An amazing academy being built, our brilliantly finished stadium. Why and how could you not want to continue and see your team reach the top tier and know that you are part of a true legacy? I find the whole senario very strange indeed!

Exactly. A 5 year plan. Why rock the boat?. From League One, to 10th in Championship, then 4th, lovely stadium, new academy, best crowd in Championship......nutter.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
The truth will out in due course.

Especially if it goes to court!

Was Gus's head turned by more money in March? Was "Clackergate" Barber's way of forcing Gus out? Will the chips get any better?

Hoping that the truth behind all this speculation will come into the public domain very soon :albion2:

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Court case should be very interesting. I can't imagine that Mr Bloom has left any lower case j's un dotted but we shall see.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
He's probably looked at our summer transfer activity and thinking his comments after the palace game have been vindicated.

Or he couldn't comprehend the impact the FFP will have on clubs. He's stuck in the past if he thinks clubs can just go out and spunk big money on signings.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Or he couldn't comprehend the impact the FFP will have on clubs. He's stuck in the past if he thinks clubs can just go out and spunk big money on signings.
That all depends on what division the clubs are in.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I think the writing was on the wall when he made the money sign at Bloom after Vicente scored. It was denied afterwards but it showed Gus in his true colours.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
i have been lead to believe that if anyone finds Mr Poyet`s discarded rattle or abandoned pram they should hand them in immediately to the club shop,they will be returned to him as soon as possible(subject of course to a handling fee )

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
All yesterday's Sky charade confirmed was that Poyet is a Grade A bullshitter. He failed to even answer the key question from that presenter, answering it with an evasion and another question.

"Did you tell Tony Bloom you wanted to leave in March?"
"Why would I do that and then not go to Reading a bigger, Premier League club, a better project, on loads more money? It's not common sense."

I'd hazard a guess that the reason for that was Poyet wanted to leave Brighton, it was fairly obvious Reading would not be a Premier League club by the summer, Poyet's ego ensured he was certain a better offer would come along, and if Brighton should happen to go up he would be in an even better negotiating position when he left.

As I've said before he is taking a big risk taking this to court. It will be ugly and messy, both sides will come out of it badly and lots of dirty laundry will be aired in public. But at the end of the day if what emerges harms his employment prospects with chairmen starting to doubt him - even if he won - it might not be the best idea.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here