Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Today's player ratings - Leeds (a)

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Kuszczak - 7 - a couple of standard saves, not really a great deal to do. Commanded his box well when defending set pieces

Bruno - 4 - really poor, doesn't look half the player he did at the start of last season, kept needlessly giving the ball away
Upson - 7 - strong in defence, beaten for pace by Varney a few times but wins the ball in the air
Greer - 6 - didn't really do too much wrong but Oscar will be disapppinted with the poor defending for their first
Calderon - 7 - arguably our best player today

Crofts - 4 - another poor perfomance by him, one of a few who kept giving the ball away
Bridcutt - 5 - arguably his worst game for us
Orlandi - 7 - the creative spark in midfield, looks like he could be our one to watch this season
Dave - 5 - looked nowhere near match fit, attempted a few stupid passes when keeping it on the ground would have been the better choice
Barnes - 6 - gives 100% but never got in to it

Ulloa - 7 - class again, looks stronger and dorsn't go to ground as easy as he did when he first joined. Took his goal tremendously well

Agustien - 6 - nowhere near match fit, needs time to settle in
Buckley - 6 - should have scored, should have started with his pace against a poor Leeds side
LuaLua - 6 - creative but needs to be stronger

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Not gonna add my scores, as I agree with you.

Bruno and crofts had shockers. Whereas Bridcutt (pre season injury), Spanish Dave and Kemy had poor pre seasons and have their excuses, I cant see why Bruno and Crofts were so poor. Maybe their time is up. Whatever, the sooner we get a left back the better, cos calde needs to get back to Right back.

Score for Oscar is 7. We played with no wingers as such for 60 mins. I would have started with at least Buckley . Leeds full backs are not the best and needed to be more exposed. Maybe Oscar is still finding out his players. He would have learnt a lot today.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
He could have done better, but there was slack marking for the Leeds player to stand in the box with no one near him.
What about Calderon's poor defending for their first goal?

But Calderon did have a stormer. Without that slip, he would have got a 8 in my book.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
What about Calderon's poor defending for their first goal?

That was his only error today. Leeds put everything down their right hand side but we dealt with the majority of it well.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Bruno looked at fault for both goals, just seen them on SSN.

Funny that, I recall Bruno was at fault for the goal we conceded in the 1-0 loss away to Hull in the first game of last season too!

Tiptop24

Jan 23, 2007
Chicago, USA
Having seen both goals, I would have thought PIG should have saved #1, and got something stronger on 2.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Orlandi and Bridcut were below par. All subs did well. Love the look of agustein. Easy to criticise the full backs for giving ball away but a hell of a lot of positive attacking play from both.

Great crowd. Good competitive game. Easy to get away from elland road in the motor. Good day out. Onwards...

donnygull

Aug 22, 2009
Doncaster,S. Yorks
He could have done better, but there was slack marking for the Leeds player to stand in the box with no one near him. .

But Calderon did have a stormer. Without that slip, he would have got a 8 in my book.

Agree, possibly our best player on the day, Bridcutt wasn't bad, PIG very strong aerially but possibly should have done better with 1st goal. I think Kemy is gonna be a real find if he gets fit. Orlando, Barnes, Bruno, Upson & Crofts all need to have a good look at themselves, very poor.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Bruno was excellent in parts. A lot of our best attacks started from an interception or tackle by him and a turn and/or pass. He also set up our goal. He did however give the ball away a lot in the second half, sometimes just from trying to be too clever. He really went downhill and I'd say he was lucky to not be sent off for a 2 footed lunge that got nowhere near the player or ball.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Every dog has its day. I didn't see the game it's true, but if so many were not up to their usual standard and we only lost by a late goal away from home I can't see any credibility in at this stage considering ' whar aul doooomed'

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Agree with op on players scores for yesterday
Still can't believe we didn't come home with at least a point yesterday, can't wait for the next game some very exciting times ahead this season when everything clicks into place and everyone is match fit

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
Sorry cant agree that Barnes gives 100%, he simply does not, he loses the ball so often, then sulks, how in gods name does he get in the team in front of others I will never know. Please can we play a side without Barnes in it as he is not good enough. Does anyone know where he was supposed to be playing today ?

Others, Bruno and Calder, we at fault for 1st goal, Leo looked good,
Bridcutt, worst game for a while, just we should be getting at least a point at places like Leeds as they were quite limited but wanted it a bit more. Rant over

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Kuszczak - 6

Bruno - 5
Calderon - 5
Upson - 6
Greer - 6

Bridcutt - 6
Crofts - 5
Lopez - 5
Orlandi - 8