Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team for Newport

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I'd expect to see a few changes and hope to see some of the youngsters get a go. My team would be:

Kuszczak

Calderon
Dunk
El-Abd
Maksimenko

Bridcutt
Forster-Caskey
Augustien

March
Ulloa
Lua Lua

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
I'd expect to see a few changes and hope to see some of the youngsters get a go. My team would be:

Kuszczak

Calderon
Dunk
El-Abd
Maksimenko

Bridcutt
Forster-Caskey
Augustien

March
Ulloa
Lua Lua

Pretty much spot on. Although i have a really bad feeling he may play Wankergren.

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
Brezovan
Chicken Head
Dunk
El abd
Another

Crofts
Dutch geezer
March

Barnes ( leave him in reserves ffs )
Dickenson
Barker

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Dont think we will see many changes, oscar will want to win and continue to work on patterns of play etc.

Possibly Agustien for crofts, giving him 60 mins or so and buckley for barnes who I might be tempted to play up top to rest ulloa. Other than that it will depend if bruno is fit to play or not.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Brezovan
Chicken Head
Dunk
El abd
Another

Crofts
Dutch geezer
March

Barnes ( leave him in reserves ffs )
Dickenson
Barker

Would be nice to play youngest but if he does and we struggle imagine the crap flying around. Look at today on here and that was a late defeat to a decent team

spanishdave

Jul 30, 2013
Hove

Kuszczak

Calderon
Dunk
El-Abd
Maksimenko

Bridcutt
Forster-Caskey
Augustien

March
Ulloa
Lua Lua

i agree except maybe barker instead of ulloa??

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
Would be nice to play youngest but if he does and we struggle imagine the crap flying around. Look at today on here and that was a late defeat to a decent team

Well Oscar already said at fans forum the first X1 wont be playing. Must have done wonders for ticket sales. Just hope Barnes is relegated and playing on Tuesday. Could really be the difference if we do anything this season.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I was thinking maybe Barker but from what I've seen of him, I don't think he's good enough to make the grade.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Judging by the DS result today at home to Southampton I would think other than those on the bench today none will be considered good enough, even against a conference side.

Seagulls1984

Aug 8, 2011
Steyning
Well Oscar already said at fans forum the first X1 wont be playing. Must have done wonders for ticket sales. Just hope Barnes is relegated and playing on Tuesday. Could really be the difference if we do anything this season.

No he didn't he said the players won't need resting because they have only played 1 game and he would pick a team good enough to win the game.

Buckley's Mad Eye

Oct 27, 2012
Probably depends on injuries/knocks, but I'd go for something like this:

Ankergren

Calderon~El-Abd~Dunk~Maksimenko

Lopez~Agustein~Caskey

Buckley~Barnes~March​

Rest Bruno, Ulloa, Kuszczak, Upson, Greer, Bridcutt and Orlandi. Tempted to leave Bridcutt in so he can play his way back into form. Lopez and Agustein need minutes, Buckley should be fresh enough. Ideally you'd rest Calderon as well, but he doesn't have a replacement. Good chance for Maksimenko, Caskey and March to get some minutes in a competitive game. Barnes is prolific against lower league teams.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Why the hatred for Barnes? Improving every year, one of our best players in pre-season, bizarre attitude to take.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Judging by the DS result today at home to Southampton I would think other than those on the bench today none will be considered good enough, even against a conference side.

we're not playing against a conference side though, are we?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here