Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Post-match reaction - yet again an awful referee has cost us

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
2-1 to the referee. Why is the standard of refereeing so poor in the Championship? Terrible today for both sides.

How a referee can not see a blatant handball by one of their scummy players and then has the nerve to card the players who hound him at the end for his terrible decision is truly amazing.

For what it's worth we looked really poor and disinterested in winning the game, looks like it could be a long hard season a head, especially with joke officials in the league.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The ref sounded like he had a reasonable game from the radio commentary, not that I had a clue what was going on though, thanks to the totally inept commentary. Apparently the ref was unsighted for the alleged handball, things like that happen.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Interesting that you seem to hold the officials responsible and not, say, Buckley, who by various accounts missed a fairly simple chance a couple of minutes before they scored.

If we'd scored the goal that Murphy did, you wouldn't be on here complaining about officiating, so let's move on.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
I agree, for the record, i thought we were generally poor, but in my day handball was a free kick and a two footed lunge was a red card. The ref couldn't wait to give Leeds decisions.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
This is all bollocks; the ref was fine. He gave us a laughable free kick for a Bruno dive just before their winner. And if you want to complain about the 2 footed challenge that only got a yellow, we can be thankful that Bruno got nowhere near with one of his own - and he'd already been booked!

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
We were rubbish. Missed our few chances. Three times we could (and should) have subbed Bruno then when we couldn't he became a passenger. Not at the races today.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
This is all bollocks; the ref was fine. He gave us a laughable free kick for a Bruno dive just before their winner. And if you want to complain about the 2 footed challenge that only got a yellow, we can be thankful that Bruno got nowhere near with one of his own - and he'd already been booked at the time!

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Very few championship referees would have the balls to disallow a goal in the last minute in front of 30,000 angry Yorkshire men.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We were rubbish. Missed our few chances. Three times we could (and should) have subbed Bruno then when we couldn't he became a passenger. Not at the races today.

At least we had quite a few chances, look on the bright side

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Bruno and Bridcutt looked really below par today in a disappointing performance, only players to come out with a good performance were Upson, Calderon, Orlandi and Ulloa

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Sadly, we were very poor today. They all looked exhausted. Even Buckley, who was only on for 20 bloody minutes.

We didn't deserve to lose like that, but it was a very poor performance today.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Sadly, we were very poor today. They all looked exhausted. Even Buckley, who was only on for 20 bloody minutes.

The fitness levels may well be down to our strange pre-season schedule. We played a lot fewer games than usual but then someone decided to organise a friendly for 3 days before the season started.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester

I wonder if this has got anything to do with the departures of back room stuff? rumour has it that fitness coach Matt Miller is actually only a water boy these days and Oscar Garcia has brought in his own fitness coach. On the basis of them all looking knackered today, he can't be that good. I hope he realises this isn't some tin pot Isreali leauge!

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
Two points.....we started with eleven players who were here last season ie no additions , who were not good enough last season. secondly , Leeds were able to bring on a 6' 6" lunk of a centre forward, towering above our centre halves and who laid on the winning goal with his knock down.
Hopefully both these points will be addressed this transfer window.
Living where I do, both Yeovil and Bournemouth above us will be unbearable !!!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Warren Aspinall on Radio Sussex said he thought that it was definitely hand ball but the ref was unsighted and probably couldnt see but these decisions even themselves up over the season.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here