Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] John Salako covering our game for Sky

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Being pretty complimentary to us, to be fair to him. We must be playing well.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
To be fair, Salako was very complimentary for most of the game......

I certainly have less of a problem with him than I do Bright, who frankly is a pillock of the highest order and appears to have limited knowledge about football in any case.

McVeigh's voice was very annoying, hope he's nota regular feature.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
To be fair, Salako was very complimentary for most of the game......

I certainly have less of a problem with him than I do Bright, who frankly is a pillock of the highest order and appears to have limited knowledge about football in any case.

Pretty much my view. Salako is no worse than a lot of the ex-player pundits, and better than many. And he makes some attempt to put the Palace thing aside to be a good professional broadcaster. Bright just doesn't bother, and he's not very good.

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
If I told you that he wasnt really a Palace fan., would you believe me?? :moo:
Probably not, but my Son works with him on the new Sun footy thing and I said that Salako never has anything nice to say about Brighton. He told Salako what I had said and replied that he doesnt like coming to the AmEx very much because of all the grief he gets but he is not really a Palace fan but has to keep the pretense up for the TV, he prefers to watch Arsenal.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Bright is in a league of his own . Complete:tosser:

Exactly , and it's not even because he's Ex- P*l*ce , the likes of Ian Wright etc... I don't mind as pundits.

He's just a complete and utter ringpiece , a joke of a human being.

If I told you that he wasnt really a Palace fan., would you believe me?? :moo:
Probably not, but my Son works with him on the new Sun footy thing and I said that Salako never has anything nice to say about Brighton. He told Salako what I had said and replied that he doesnt like coming to the AmEx very much because of all the grief he gets but he is not really a Palace fan but has to keep the pretense up for the TV, he prefers to watch Arsenal.[/QUOT

1000's of Bha Jcl's wouldn't admit to supporting @rsenal, so fair play to Johnny Salako :thumbsup:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
My Amex seat is right behind where the TV commentators sit, so I've seen Salako many times. He always cops plenty of Palace Reject songs, typically when he turns to do his piece to camera, and he always takes it well, trying to keep a straight face as he speaks.

I once asked him for a photo as he was getting up to go, and just as he posed, I wrapped my Albion scarf round his neck. He took a second or two to realise what it was, then whipped it off, laughing, telling me he'd get lynched if that appeared in a photo.

So I have no idea if he's a lifelong Palace fan as such, but clearly he is aware of his place in their affections. Personally I've never found him to be anything less than a nice guy, and he obviously has a sense of humour too, knowing the reaction he'll get as an ex-Palace player. I think he's alright as a summariser: he's way better than Mark Bright anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here