Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The World's End

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I am thinking of going to see this film ? If you have seen it, is it any cop ? There are a lot of shite reviews on imdb.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I frequent IMDb a lot, and generally find it useful, but I wouldn't put much stock in the comments and reviews on there.

I have seen it and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I took a little while to warm to some of the performances, but I did and ended up thinking it was worth watching. I had the same feeling when I watched hot fuzz of "it's not as good as shaun of the dead", but like with hot fuzz, I also have the feeling I will change my mind and think it is just as string as shaun after several re-watches.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Have you seen Only God Forgives yet US? Very arty, dark and moody. Getting real mixed reviews but I really liked it.

Maximus

Jul 24, 2007
Brighton
Uncle, go give it a watch. If you found Shaun or Hot Fuzz to your liking, then you shouldn't be disappointed. The supporting cast is great, and it's probably the best acted film of the trilogy. Maybe not as many laugh-out-loud moments, but enough to satisfy.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
North East Burgess Hill is aptly named Worlds End. As for the film, sorry I haven't seen it.

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
The Guardian's review said this was better than SotD and Hot Fuzz, can't wait to see it. It's currently scoring 7.5 on IMDB, which is pretty good.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I've seen it and to be honest was disappointed. Yes it has a few funny moments but its a rip off of Shaun of the dead and is too similar in many ways but without the originality. I'd recommend wait for the DVD.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Personally found it one of the worst films I've seen in a long time. Pegg's character is so obnoxious it's impossible to overlook the question of why the hell the rest of them would hang out with him. And I liked both "Shaun" and "Fuzz".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here