Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Fox Studios have announced there will be three sequels to Avatar, after director James Cameron found two films "would not be enough".

The three sequels will be filmed simultaneously beginning in 2014, and will be released respectively in December 2016, 2017 and 2018.

The 2009 3D film is the highest grossing movie of all time.

It told the story of a paraplegic soldier sent to the alien planet of Pandora.

"In writing the new films, I've come to realize that Avatar's world, story and characters have become even richer than I anticipated," Cameron said in a statement.

"It became apparent that two films would not be enough to capture everything I wanted to put on screen," he continued.

While Cameron wrote the original film, four screenwriters have been signed up to work with him on the sequels.

They are Josh Friedman, who wrote War of the Worlds; Rick Jaffa and Amanda Silver, who wrote Dawn of the Planet of the Apes and Shane Salerno who scripted Armageddon.

Jim Gianopulos, head of Fox Films, said that everyone at the studio had "no higher priority, and can feel no greater joy, than enabling Jim to continue and expand his vision of the world of Avatar".

In 2010, Cameron said that there would be two sequels that would feature "self-contained stories that also fulfil a greater story arc".

"We will not back off the throttle of Avatar's visual and emotional horse-power," he said.

Last year, Sigourney Weaver said she will appear in the sequel, despite her character dying in the first instalment.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Or The Terminator 1 and 2.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Forget that!
A new inbetweeners movie has been announced for next year

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Why? An awful movie. A weak and predictable plot with poor performances. The only reason it did so well was the 3-D aspect of it. If it was made in the traditional manner it would of bombed.

Stumpy Tim

Why? An awful movie. A weak and predictable plot with poor performances. The only reason it did so well was the 3-D aspect of it. If it was made in the traditional manner it would of bombed.

Disagree. It was a decent film without 3D, but was groundbreaking with it. Alas any sequel can't match it now. I'll certainly see the second

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
How many years does the average human need to live before they realise that everyone has their own opinions on stuff and different tastes in everything and come to accept that therefore ceasing to post boring, predictable, pretentious drivel with no special effects?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here