Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

iphone 3 techies... help please

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
My iphone charges from the wall socket but not via the USB to my Mac... it also wont sync. The strange thing is that if I turn the iphone off... then plus into the USB, the Mac turns it on but no charge/syne. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Cheers in advance

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Have you tried different wires? Have you tried different slots on your mac?

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
I've tried 2 different USB leads (both work on wall socket) and have rebooted the iphone... it still wont sync/charge thru the computer... But, somehow the computer recognises the phone cos it turns it on. help please

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
If it won't sync to your pc/laptop, see if another laptops' iTunes recognizes it.
If not, it looks like you'll have to restore.

If another laptop/pc does recognize your iPhone, delete and re-install iTunes on your laptop/pc and try again.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I've had the connector in two of my iphones die and no longer allow it to be synced with itunes, although it does still charge at the socket. If you can somehow get it to sync for a short while you can turn on sync by wifi allowing you to sync your phone with itunes whenever on the same netwock, which works but can be very slow.

If its under warranty Apple will replace it, probably wont cost too much to gert replaces third hand either.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Sounds like you need to reinstall iTunes mate.
This happened to mine and after I did that it was fine.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here