Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Roy Chuter Funeral Arrangements

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
The celebration of Roy's life will take place at 3.00pm at Worthing Crematorium on Tuesday 13th August, Roy touched a lot of people's lives and you are all invited to remember this special person. His sister Lyn has requested if people want to please wear your Albion shirts or something blue. A further celebration of his life will take place at the Duke Of Wellington, Shoreham directly after the service.

Family flowers only by request but donations in Roy's memory can be sent to Dizzy (a local diabetes charity) c/o Ian Hart Funeral Service Ltd, 92-94 Broadwater Street West, Worthing, West Sussex BN14 9DE Tel 01903 206299

If you have any further questions or queries please contact the office.

Ian Hart

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
One more thing to add, I appreciate that not everyone will be able to make the 13th, there is a book of remembrance which will people will sign at the service but prior to the funeral day Alan Wares (TLO) will have it in Dicks Bar this Tuesday.

Phil Young

Aug 5, 2013
Anybody needing help with transport to/from Crematorium? Space in my car. Leaving from Southwick but can pick-up (within reason) anywhere in the area.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Can the book of condolence be kept open until the Derby game for those (like myself) who aren't going to the Newport game and are unlikely to make the funeral?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Can the book of condolence be kept open until the Derby game for those (like myself) who aren't going to the Newport game and are unlikely to make the funeral?

Or even longer as not doing either Newport or Derby ?

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
2011-02-19 005.JPG

Phil Young

Aug 5, 2013
Don't normally endorse the local snoozepapers but Shoreham Herald has fitting tribute article about Roy and (not surprisingly) lovely sentiments by Harty. Just 75p or do what most people do and hang around the newstands at WH Smith and read about sadly missed friend.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Over 400 people turned up. Loads of BHAFC shirts for Roy and Attila, Harty and others did Roy PROUD and sent him off in fine Style.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
The service was a fine and fitting tribute to Roy. Very different to any funeral service I have attended in the past! Some lovely tributes from family and friends. Special thanks to Ian Hart who done a fine job comparing (if that is the correct word?) the service. The huge turn out today was testament to how popular Roy was.

RIP Roy. You will be sorely missed.

pipkin112

Aug 10, 2011
sompting
Everybody that was involved with Roy's funeral today, Ian, Attila, Phil, Roy's niece and sister, and a couple of others that, I'm sorry, I can't remember your names, you done the big man proud.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
It was a funeral like no other. No religion, the packed crowed mainly in their Albion shirts but other shirts too. Ian hart conducted it brilliantly, far better having somebody who was also Roy's friend. So many faces from Albion fans past & present along with Dick Knight & Martin Perry.

Such brave tributes from friends and family and so many tales told over a great spread at 'the Duke' afterwards.

Roy did what he did. too proud to ask for help from so many who would have been pleased to give it, but he was not one to inflict his personal worries on other.

I 1st met Roy when he was a teenage oik travelling to Albion games. he grew into a large, but gentle, man who just loved talking to people. The World seems a little emptier now but his torment is over and he's left so many happy memories.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
The Albion at its finest.

45 minutes before kick-off Worthing crem's rather lovely grounds speckled with stripy shirts. Standing room only in the chapel, Roy's dog Kitty near the front. A coffin in blue and white, draped with a signed shirt. Harty and Attila hitting the right notes, the laughs and the tears.

Familiar faces on the lawns afterwards, a gentle afternoon in the sun among supporters who've stood by this club for so long.

Made you proud.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
A truly special day in the Albion history. Ian hart was superb and the eulogies gave a real sense of the man. Roy was a legend in the correct sense of the word and Dick Knight and Martin Perry attending gave testament to that.

The wake was a cathartic experience. We all remember Roy as the man who made things happen, never a front man but always steering the future.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here