Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oscar: Bring on the big tests [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Oscar: Bring on the big tests[/h]9:00am Saturday 3rd August 2013 in Albion By Andy Naylor
2571257.jpg
Oscar Garcia
Albion's head coach Oscar Garcia is happy to bring on the big guns of the Championship.
The Spaniard says he is motivated by challenges like today’s opening test at Leeds United and that is part of the reason he came to England.
The Seagulls are surrounded in the second tier by clubs with a top flight pedigree but the bigger the test the better Oscar likes it.
The former Barcelona player, preparing for his competitive debut in English football, told The Argus: “I am excited to start the League and, if we have to start away, Leeds is an amazing stadium with amazing fans. It’s a big club and I want to play against as many big clubs as possible.
“It’s not only Leeds. In the Championship there are many big teams who have played in the Premier League. This is one of the reasons I came here, to play against big teams.”
A 33,000 crowd is expected at Elland Road to launch Leeds’ first full season with ex-Reading boss Brian McDermott in charge.
Oscar has called on his players to be bravehearts in what is sure to be a feverish and hostile atmosphere.
He said: “It’s always a difficult game when you play there, with their crowd, but we will go there with personality.
“I want brave players to play there, because if we are not brave we will have difficulty winning the game.”
Oscar still wants to add to his squad before the transfer window shuts on September 2.
He has not specified positions but a loan striker could be an option, with Craig Mackail-Smith (Achilles) expecting to be out until the start of October and the future of Will Hoskins under a cloud after a major setback in his recovery from knee ligament surgery.
Oscar said of Hoskins: “We mustn’t put pressure on him. He has to recover 100 per cent and then start to train. He has to take time to recover totally, because it was a bad injury.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here