Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BHA Dev Squad versus Saints U21 - today at Lancing

HoveSaint

Nov 19, 2011
Hello Seagulls,

I can't see any mention of today's U21 / Development squad game on either the Saints website or the Albion site.

The game was supposed to KO at midday at Lancing, Sussex FA ground.

Does anyone know for sure if the game is still going ahead and whether it is open to the public or closed?

cheers, good luck at Leeds today.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Never known it not to be open to the public so you should be fine getting in.

HoveSaint

Nov 19, 2011
excellent, thanks for the replies.

strange that neither club has made more of it though

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Final score 1 - 5. Totally outplayed by Southampton in a strong wind. Barker, Dickenson, Courtney, Ince all played, and out of those only Ince was the standout player. Walton played well in first half before being replaced. Barker missed penalty, Dickenson could not put a decent cross in and appears to be very fiery, (didn't notice it in the Dev Squad games last year).

I've now seen them twice and on this basis there is very little back-up to the first team. The level of passing is poor and the team 'go long' way too often. Southampton on the other hand were excellent and whilst acknowledging they are in the top division for Development Squads, the gulf in class between the two teams was there for all to see.

Very poor. Next game Ipswich in a couple of weeks time I believe.

Apparently Lewis Dunk in the stand though I did not see him.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Disappointing result but the DS seem to be in a bit of a mess at the moment with no manager

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Anybody know why Luke Williams was sacked?

Can only imagine it was because he was a Gus man (or at least associated with him), seemed very strange and to not announce it officially makes it even stranger

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
First development squad game I've seen and I have to say I was extremely disappointed. Expected to see them playing a similar style to the first team but as mentioned above far too often they went long.

How old is Barker now? 22?? He needs to be released. He did nothing all game and let's be honest he's at that age now where if he ain't knocking on the door now he never will.

The new Finnish signing looked decent and took his goal well with what was his first touch. The right winger who came on in the second half was absolutely awful (name eludes me but number 11 or 12 I think) to the extent that I'm still convinced he isn't really a footballer.

On the back of that the academy can't come soon enough for us

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
First development squad game I've seen and I have to say I was extremely disappointed. Expected to see them playing a similar style to the first team but as mentioned above far too often they went long.

How old is Barker now? 22?? He needs to be released. He did nothing all game and let's be honest he's at that age now where if he ain't knocking on the door now he never will.

The new Finnish signing looked decent and took his goal well with what was his first touch. The right winger who came on in the second half was absolutely awful (name eludes me but number 11 or 12 I think) to the extent that I'm still convinced he isn't really a footballer.

On the back of that the academy can't come soon enough for us

Who is the new Finnish signing?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here