Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So the season has arrived, are you excited this morning?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
There has been much talk about a lack of enthusiasm for this season, but now it's here how do you feel?

I am pretty excited but not as much as I have been the last few seasons. If fact more nervous than excited.

If I could have gone to Leeds it would probably have been different, let's hope Seagulls Player doesn't play up.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
More excited about going along to Hove to watch Sussex take on Derbyshire TBH. It's ridiculously early to start a football season - the kick-off will be exactly halfway through an Ashes series.

Still going on Tuesday though :thumbsup:

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
I'm looking forward to the analysis on Radio Sussex, as they describe the new formations and tactics. New season, new style of play, and hopefully lots of points :)

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Yup - well up for it. Just mildly disappointed the Newport game is while I'm on holiday.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Least excited I've been about a season for as long as I can remember tbh, not even sure why but hopefully I will be a bit more up for it next Saturday :)

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
This much :D

excitedpuppy.jpg

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Agree with most people- not as excited as the past few seasons. All depends on the first few results I guess.

bravohotelalpha

Jan 23, 2011
Good Old Sussex By The Sea
well I for one am very excited indeed - its my birthday today :cheery:

wake up and smell the coffee peeps - I really did love gus to bits but from what I have heard and seen so far I am actually feeling even more excited about this season than any previous season with gus

I have been extremely impressed by Oscar and co so far - and I know its early days - but on the pitch, on the sidelines, on the training ground, off the pitch etc etc is good and I'm really fired up for this season - when quite frankly I wasn't expecting to be :)

dandanthebrightonfan

Jan 29, 2012
BN14
Will be playing golf at singing hills when we kick off, was going to go but refused to be ass raped by East Coast trains £98 return + match ticket and beer money a bit to rich for my blood.

As was said earlier looking forward to Newport on tuesday though. :albion2:

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
More nervous than excited, but I'm always nervous on match day, always have been, always will be.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
There has been much talk about a lack of enthusiasm for this season, but now it's here how do you feel?

I am pretty excited but not as much as I have been the last few seasons. If fact more nervous than excited.

If I could have gone to Leeds it would probably have been different, let's hope Seagulls Player doesn't play up.

Feel the same way, though I think I was more excited last week at the prospect of going back to The Amex for the Villareal game... more nervous and worried about today.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I actually think Oscar is the man to take us forward at least he talks football and not budgets lets see very optimistic.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Not as excited as previous seasons, for me it's because of how last season ended, what happened in the off season and lack of exciting signings (although I think kemy will be triffic!)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here