Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Malcolm Tucker as Doctor Who?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
The new Doctor will be revealed on Sunday night at 7pm on BBC1 and Peter Capaldi is apparently the hot favourite, just ahead of that ginger bloke from the BT Broadband ads.

It would certainly be a rather different role from The Thick Of It.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Would not be impressed with either of them, certainly not the BT moron.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I suspect it will be someone a bit more obscure. Firstly, it's a common tactic to list recognisable actors as being under consideration for a sought after role, so that when they give it to a "nobody" there is a sense of 'this person was chosen over x, y, and z , they must be pretty fantastic!'. Secondly, if it's someone too recognisable, they are likely to have other roles, and want more consideration given to their own work schedule, being allowed to work on outside projects, etc.

Having said that, they might mess with us, make John hurt the 12th doctor (he wins some battle over matt smith) and then surprise us with a 13th doctor at a later date.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
The whole show is very tired and needs a long break as far as I'm concerned.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Capaldi is an actor. he is not actually Malcom Tucker. he will play what the script writers and directors give him, with a bit his own spin. i dont think it would be a bad idea, raise the age profile a bit to the earlier Dr Who, probably see a less action more thoughtfull Dr.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Would not be impressed with either of them, certainly not the BT moron.
If it's Kris Marshall we're talking about then he did a very good turn in 'Doctor Zhivago' on TV a while back (not that I'm recommending him - I have a feeling the BBC would just ask him to reprise 'My Family' instead).

As for Peter Capaldi - is he the lead in 'The Thick of It'? Saw half an episode of that once and switched over, pretty bland, unimaginative stuff imo.

Eddie Izzard still has a TV career, doesn't he? How about him? :)

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
If it's Kris Marshall we're talking about then he did a very good turn in 'Doctor Zhivago' on TV a while back (not that I'm recommending him - I have a feeling the BBC would just ask him to reprise 'My Family' instead).

Not him, no.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ideally it would have to be Benedict Cumberbatch but that will never happen!
In the absence of the original thread, Sherlock is being trailered now, 'coming soon'.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Well he's a BAFTA awarding winning moron. So really your the moron!

I will dislike who I choose. And incidentally, it's " you're ". So looks like we are both morons ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here