Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

People who drive with their sat navs in the middle of the windscreen...

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
...and when I say the middle, I mean the middle of the driver's side. I just saw a woman on the M25 with her sat nav to the right of her rear view mirror, at eye level. Do they realise that it's not supposed to be a substitute to looking out of the window? I don't really see the point of them anyway, but I'm happy to let them go. But this drives me insane for some reason!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'm thinking of a design for a mobile phone holder that can be clipped to the steering wheel as I'm so fed up with seeing people ( mostly women and young girls ) driving with their phones clutched to the steering wheel with their right hands. Ironically, a huge proportion have the little sticker in the back window with the legend " Child on Board " .

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
...and when I say the middle, I mean the middle of the driver's side. I just saw a woman on the M25 with her sat nav to the right of her rear view mirror, at eye level. Do they realise that it's not supposed to be a substitute to looking out of the window? I don't really see the point of them anyway, but I'm happy to let them go. But this drives me insane for some reason!

If you can't see the point if sat navs you obviously don't drive long distance.

Firstly it saves having to keep looking at map books.
Secondly my Tom Tom has live traffic updates and it gives me the option of different routes.
Today driving from Manchester to swindon it showed a 55 min delay on the M6 and gave me 2 other
Route options.
One of which got me home at least an hour earlier, if it does that a few times a year
Then I am very happy with it.
You can keep your map books I have had my Tom Tom 3 years and its invaluable..
Ps. It lives in the lower RH corner. It also gets on my tits seeing them in the centre of the screen... And
On day colours at night.. It must be like a bright light in the drivers eyes.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
On the eve of a new season and people are talking about Sat Navs.

I do apologise. It's just taken me 7 1/2 hours to drive to Stansted and back in a stinking hot van and I need to let out some aggression.

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
I do apologise. It's just taken me 7 1/2 hours to drive to Stansted and back in a stinking hot van and I need to let out some aggression.
Notters,you are not alone my friend,there should be a law that states you may run the *******s off the road.Tossers,the lot of them!

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
Although I prefer my satnav on the right hand side, there's nothing worse than the cable getting inadvertently caught up around the wheel so I do reluctantly put it to the left

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Never need one although can see the upside for petrol locations etc, but I prefer a map. Head gets good geographical input then. So many can't even tell north from south without a map or sight guides. They can't even tell you the next 'way point' they should look for on road signs along their journey. That's regression not progression.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here