Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Notts County vs Sheffield United

spanishdave

Jul 30, 2013
Hove
i know its the first game of the season, but sky sports seem to be making a big fuss about it! is anyone actually going to watch this?

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I was wondering why they chose this match for coverage but its all do with the 125 year anniversary of the football league as both clubs were founder members. It's not the most inspiring fixture though.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Live english football on the telly tends to be my background noise while reading/internetting. Spanish football too, occasionally. So yeah, as much as glancing up occasionally can be counted as watching.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I was wondering why they chose this match for coverage but its all do with the 125 year anniversary of the football league as both clubs were founder members. It's not the most inspiring fixture though.

I believe the four special celebratory fixtures are this weekend's televised games.

spanishdave

Jul 30, 2013
Hove

yeh, theyre advertising it as the oldest stadium vs the oldest club. but i dont think its going to be as entertaining as they think. im just hoping i might be able to see some goals to be honest.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Usually they show Leeds when the Prem isn't on. Oh!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I believe the four special celebratory fixtures are this weekend's televised games.

Newport game isn't, but the Burnley and Derby games are.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Newport game isn't, but the Burnley and Derby games are.

Just looked, there were 6, three of them are televised (monday's game is preston v blackpool in the capital one cup, which confused me)

Sheff Utd v Notts County (tv now)
Preston v wolves
Derby v blackburn (TV sunday afternoon)
Burnley v Bolton (TV saturday lunchtime)
Rochdale v Hartlepool
Newport v Accrington

bobzam

Brighton 'til I die
Aug 13, 2008
Bristol
Only watched last 15mins but Sheffield utd looked pretty decent. Young team knocking the ball about well with about 25 efforts on goal. Good stuff.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Wow, just noticed there was an awful lot of injury time, according to the BBC:

90:00 +51:13 Full time
Full Time The referee blows for the end of the match.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here