Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Star Whores - Underground Club

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
Just found this on YouTube, a real blast from the past for me, I put this gig on. I was promoting Thursdays in the old Underground Club and we started putting bands on down there. I managed to rig the speakers wrong first time round so they blew up on the first song in front of a packed club. We redid the gig a week later letting everyone in for free. The band, me and the clubs owner all worked for free that night. Was an awesome gig though, they were a great band.

Godstar

Jan 18, 2012
Sodom..or is it Gomorrah!
Thanks for the link, i was at that gig as were all the usual Four Guns/Star Whores suspects. Remember another show at The Nutley Arms supporting Sigue Sigue Sputnik.
I reckon i must know you!

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
Thanks for the link, i was at that gig as were all the usual Four Guns/Star Whores suspects. Remember another show at The Nutley Arms supporting Sigue Sigue Sputnik.
I reckon i must know you!

Probably, I spent way too much of my life in the Green Dragon. I used to DJ various nights at the Underground and ended up doing Fridays with Robin when Sparky left. I also promoted a lot of gigs around town, mostly punk, metal, ska, indie and associated scenes as Laughing Gnome Promotions in the 90s.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Green Dragon then the underground .... that was my youth.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Probably, I spent way too much of my life in the Green Dragon. I used to DJ various nights at the Underground and ended up doing Fridays with Robin when Sparky left. I also promoted a lot of gigs around town, mostly punk, metal, ska, indie and associated scenes as Laughing Gnome Promotions in the 90s.

The Frau knew Robin. He was a tall rockabilly guy with tons of jewellery.

Blimey, what a blast from the past. Four Guns used to do a great cover of Led Zep's 'Rock n Roll'
And Robin, although I never knew him that well, was always a top bloke.

Who remembers Grapevine Rehearsal Studios ? Run By the lads from Fuse, one of who I bumped into a few years back when he was on tour with Salad ?

Brilliant times. Imalato Tomato, Killer Gorrilla, Masked Raiders (Market Traders), Four Guns, Angel Beat City, etc etc etc.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Blimey, what a blast from the past. Four Guns used to do a great cover of Led Zep's 'Rock n Roll'
And Robin, although I never knew him that well, was always a top bloke.

Who remembers Grapevine Rehearsal Studios ? Run By the lads from Fuse, one of who I bumped into a few years back when he was on tour with Salad ?

Brilliant times. Imalato Tomato, Killer Gorrilla, Masked Raiders (Market Traders), Four Guns, Angel Beat City, etc etc etc.

Stumbled in here a bit, but - That's Fuse as in 'We ain't no machine' Fuse right?

I had to dig out the 12in to check, but I used to work with Nick Turnbull (brother of Jez) at the Metropole around '88, and i saw Fuse supporting Transvision vamp at the Top Rank.
There was apparently some roadie spaces going when they went on to tour europe (With TV i think?) but i never followed it up; a small regret in my life.

Godstar

Jan 18, 2012
Sodom..or is it Gomorrah!
Yep, remember Grapevine (Vine St) - smelly,dark sweat pit of a place, perfect!
Fuse were a great 3 piece as i recall Jez, Brian &...? Last gig i saw with them they supported Screaming Blue Messiahs on the Pier.
We used to have a little side bet as to who could get off with the girls in the Kooky shop (Kensington Gardens) who themselves had a rather nifty group called God & the Crazy Lesbians from Hell.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here