Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Buckley interview on SSN

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
might be fixtures but some interesting stuff. Seems he misses GP alot. Didn't seem his usual self. Hope not but anyone else worried he might not be as good as last season? Could explain some people's views on here, of his pre season performances as being a bit 'ordinary'.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Was he THAT good last season?

Buckley is a great player, but he's still inconsistent, hence he's not in demand by Premier League clubs quite yet. He's always had excellent games followed by anonymous ones. Probably goes with the territory of being a winger perhaps. Let's not start imagining some sort of pining for Poyet just because he does what he always does in the next few games.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Buckley is a great player, but he's still inconsistent, hence he's not in demand by Premier League clubs quite yet. He's always had excellent games followed by anonymous ones. Probably goes with the territory of being a winger perhaps. Let's not start imagining some sort of pining for Poyet just because he does what he always does in the next few games.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
What IS his usual self?

Brightonia

Dec 7, 2012
Sussex by the sea
might be fixtures but some interesting stuff. Seems he misses GP alot. Didn't seem his usual self. Hope not but anyone else worried he might not be as good as last season? Could explain some people's views on here, of his pre season performances as being a bit 'ordinary'.

Seems he misses GP? On what basis have you made that assumption? What a completely ridiculous thing to say!

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Didn't see the interview but don't see how any conclusions can be drawn from something like that pre-season. Buckley is a good player in my view with the talent to be a great one by Albion's standards - just needs to be a bit more consistent. Certainly won't do any harm to have Solly March breathing down his neck this time around.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

I completely agree. Thats why when there was a thread recently comparing him with Bennett I said I would go for Bennett every time. No doubt on his day Buckley can be unplayable in this league but that day doesn't come often enough. Another year older, another years experience in the Championship under his belt, I really expect him to improve this season on the last couple.

SuperWill

Feb 17, 2012
Hove
Buckley always seems a bit nonplussesd and disinterested in the interviews I've seen. Wouldn't read to much in to it.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Buckley always seems a bit nonplussesd and disinterested in the interviews I've seen. Wouldn't read to much in to it.

Bit like some games.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield

This 100%, THAT goal against Blackpool though.... :bowdown: a few more years and he should be one of the top wingers in the division

Shoreham Gull

Nov 3, 2012
Westdene
May be Oscar Garcia isn't so much of a fan of Buckley as Gus was that's whats upsetting him!

His pre-season performances wasn't that great..

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Buckley seems to be one of those players who's head drops if the full back gets a couple of crunching tackles in early. On the other hand, if he finds he's got the better of him, he almost seems to step up a gear and gets a lot of good crosses in.

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
My personal opinion is to not judge Will on interviews. He's a naturally shy soul and doesn't enjoy them, so you shouldn't read much into his tone/body language.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
1 in 4 at this level from a winger

A player that can amaze and played an important part in getting us 4 th yes 4 th !

Yeah rubbish isn't he.

Buckley is class

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The manager likes 4-3-3 so this gives Buckley a great opportunity to shine. This is a big make or break season for Buckley, he'll either show he's Premier League material or else end up being a bit-part player in the Championship. Personally, I think with Bruno behind him he'll have a great year.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield

He was great the season before though

Jimmy Grimble

****ing hell, you do wonder about some of our fans.

Buckley is a winger that virtually every team in the Championship would want. Factoring in his age and potential worth, I'd like to see someone name 5-10 other wingers in this league they'd prefer. Laughable.

As above, he is a reserved character, some of you are reading far too much into the interview. I expect him to run full backs ragged again this year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here