Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our left-back issues may have been rumbled.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
A work colleague of mine ( based in central Leeds), is an E.R. season ticket holder, his wife works at the club in a medical role of some sort. The rumour is that they are reacting to our perceived weakness at left back, (like last season I guess), and will play both their right sided speedsters at some point on Saturday. Hall and Poleon are lined up to have a go down their right, I hope Oscar has a plan, because this could be a tricky scenario even without their top man Diouf.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I'd hope that any opposing club would notice. Wouldn't have a good scouting or coaching team, if they didn't notice that we only really have 2 LB's, both young, and the most experienced is out injured !

We'll just have to not give them the ball I guess, or score more. 4-3 I reckon.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
A work colleague of mine ( based in central Leeds), is an E.R. season ticket holder, his wife works at the club in a medical role of some sort. The rumour is that they are reacting to our perceived weakness at left back, (like last season I guess), and will play both their right sided speedsters at some point on Saturday. Hall and Poleon are lined up to have a go down the left, I hope Oscar has a plan, because this could be a tricky scenario even without their top man Diouf.

Step up Ashley Barnes..as a defensive midfielder covering the full back..again!!

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Hall? The same Hall who hasn't been involved at all within pre-season and hasn't trained with the first team.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Every team has it's achilles heel.

Leeds cannot put every attack down the left hand side.

Maxi & Chicksen both have a bit of pace about them and in all fairness, it's ok putting quick players on the wing, but whose to say that their crossing is any good.

People are worrying unnecessarily about this, just because last year we had Bridge.

In fact, if I were Leeds, I'd be worrying about how we would cope with Buckley, Lua Lua, March, Ulloa, Barnes, Spanish Dave, Orlandi and Agustein all of which on their day are better than what Leeds have!

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Hall? The same Hall who hasn't been involved at all within pre-season and hasn't trained with the first team.
Possibly the very same yes....

Theyorkshireseagull

Aug 31, 2011
Leeds
Bridge didn't play at Leeds last season and we came away with 3 points. Our main issue was attacking down the left rather than defensively, Painter didn't know what to do once he got over the half way line. (and Diouf is a better player than either Hall or Poleon)

Leeds fans are all getting carried away and are extremely confident, mainly due to a very good week of PR from the club. If we can match the possession we had last year, i'm sure we'll be fine. If their game plan is to attack our left back, then we can easily counter that, make sure Bridcutt/Greer support Maksimenko/Calde as required.

Wearing my Seagulls shirt around Leeds today, any others up here?

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Suspect it will be Aidan White on the left-hand side, he isn't very good.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
We will also be attacking their left back when Bruno , Spanish Dave and Buckley run down the wing.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I'd hope that any opposing club would notice. Wouldn't have a good scouting or coaching team, if they didn't notice that we only really have 2 LB's, both young, and the most experienced is out injured !

We'll just have to not give them the ball I guess, or score more. 4-3 I reckon.

They should also know that Calderon can play as LB too :thumbsup:

mikes smalls

Dec 13, 2006
Isleworth
I expect Leeds to be very direct and break in numbers just like Reading under McDermott.
Since Upson joined we have been much better at defending balls in our box.
Expect 20 minutes of huff and puff before Leeds run out if ideas and we take control of the game.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Do we have an idea how many tickets we have sold for the game,... with Leeds selling 30k+,... our contingent may be swallowed up in the din.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
The only way those left backs are going to get better is to play. Both highly rated. March has made mistakes and people just talk about the good. Chicksen and/or Maxi will have bad days and amazeballs days, fingers crossed for the later tomorrow!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The only way those left backs are going to get better is to play. Both highly rated. March has made mistakes and people just talk about the good. Chicksen and/or Maxi will have bad days and amazeballs days, fingers crossed for the later tomorrow!

Chicksen injured, so down to Maxi, or Calde ?

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Chicksen out,.... Naylor indicated Calderon will be LB with Maxi on the bench.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here