Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone get the feeling gus was stitched up?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
No. its of his own making, it just didnt turn out as he wanted.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Surely it would have been better to let him go to another club and get some compo ? we may have lost £2M plus all the costs of the suspension/disciplinary hearings etc. So no, we lost out.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Nope.....he played a game, the club won........see ya later Gus.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

albionite

May 20, 2009
Surely it would have been better to let him go to another club and get some compo ? we may have lost £2M plus all the costs of the suspension/disciplinary hearings etc. So no, we lost out.

Why not wait for the whole story to come out before deciding what was a good idea to do:D

I wonder how much Andy Naylor and co already know and have been told to sit on the story.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
In the short term.

There'll definitely be long term gains from Gusgate.

It'll be quite a while before someone else tries to get one over Tony.

D

Deleted User X18H

I was round Gus' house a little while ago and he said 'ove he said , "I'll tell you what appened" then the door bell went and Ken Brown brought Poyets food order in from John Lewis and that was it. It was never mentioned again.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I do not think he was stitched up but I do appreciate what he did for the club and nobody can take that away from him. Perhaps his ego got the better of him. My brother bumped into him shopping in Oxford St this week and had a chat with him and directly asked him why he left us and his answer was "I didnt ask to leave they wanted me out so did it". Then he said he had to hurry and shook hands with my brother who thanked him for the football the team produced and he left.

Last edited:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Why not wait for the whole story to come out before deciding what was a good idea to do:D

I wonder how much Andy Naylor and co already know and have been told to sit on the story.

Without going too deep or risk legal redress. I suggested that if he wanted out, let him go and then trouser the compo. If Gus had been a player he would have been training with the stiffs until sold at the earliest possible convenience once his head had been turned. This way it seems we had an unhappy manager who cost us cash to get rid of.

albionite

May 20, 2009
Without going too deep or risk legal redress. I suggested that if he wanted out, let him go and then trouser the compo. If Gus had been a player he would have been training with the stiffs until sold at the earliest possible convenience once his head had been turned. This way it seems we had an unhappy manager who cost us cash to get rid of.

Depends what is in his contract. looks like the club waited for him to hang himself. I would imagine they was waiting for a club to take him to get the compo or they didn't want to upset the dressing room as it was so close to the end of season.

If they just let him walk out could you imagine the up roar on here and other media outlets. At the time Gus could still do no wrong apart from a minor few, who didn't like him

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here