Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So Gus asked to leave the club in March!

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
So according to Tony Bloom Gus asked to leave in March, real shame!

Was that around the time Reading showed an interest?

Last edited:

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
So according to Tony Bloom Gus asked to leave in March, real shame!

Was that around the time Reading showed an interest?

To be fair, I was not expecting Tony to be so open in his reply. Good on him and hopefully we can now put this episode behind us.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
4 days before the league palace at home game.......makes his comments after that game much clearer.

toxic gus.....wanting to leave before our biggest game of the season!

thanks TB for letting us know - collect your chips, you've totally outwitted poyet each step, then the pocket aces come out with the new mananger by your side.

classy :)

wilko1

Feb 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Remember Gus saying it would be a great time to leave after that great result....thought he was just joking
Explains a lot of what happened afterwards

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
As posted on another thread 2 weeks before di canio appointed at Sunderland perhaps Gus was approached

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Did TB say Gus asked to leave at the end of the season but preferably the next day. Or words to that effect?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
What brought that call on I wonder ?

then of course he mentioned that there were other things that happened after...but didnt want to comment further....safe to say none of us expected even the bit he said....now when are radio five having there next chat about the football league lol

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Definitely puts a clearer complexion on things.

The opposite, I'd have said. Gus called TB on March 13 ("four days before the Palace league game") and told him he wanted to leave, the next day if possible.

The following week he was offered the Reading job but turned it down. Was that the action of a man who was desperate to leave?

And was it grounds for suspension? If so, why wait until the end of the season.

To me it answers nothing.

Stoaty Ferret

Jul 11, 2003
Brighton
Bloom sounded quite hurt when answering that question. Poyet shot himself in the foot before the Palace game. What did he expect the club to do after that? Beg him to stay?

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
The opposite, I'd have said. Gus called TB on March 13 ("four days before the Palace league game") and told him he wanted to leave, the next day if possible.

The following week he was offered the Reading job but turned it down. Was that the action of a man who was desperate to leave?

Even more questions than answers now

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011

He did say the phone call was the trigger and subsequent things happened after that which he didn't go into.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here