Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ian Wright, Wright, Wright!!

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Ian Wright back on 6-o-6 by Popular Demand

Great news that he's back on the beeb, the guy is box office and very opinionated so sure to be a listen. 6-o-6 was already one of my favourite football phone in shows with 'You're on Sky Sports', looks like this season is going to bigger and better than ever for opinion and insight on the best league in the world and the football league.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Is he on with Robbie Savage? That would be some combination and I'm buggered if I'd listen to those two shouting each other down.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Exactly. Whoever decised to put an idiot like him on tv is simply stupid. Why? What sort of role model is he?

Not often (if ever) that I agree with you but this time I do. Whenever he is on the TV or radio I change channels or stations. His demolition of the English language winds me up: fink, free, fick, frew. FFS. Looks like it's Talkshite after games from now on.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Can't bear listening to Savage anyway as he rudely talks over callers, so having the illiterate Wright alongside him does not promise good things.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Can't bear listening to Savage anyway as he rudely talks over callers, so having the illiterate Wright alongside him does not promise good things.

Is the correct answer. Mind you I find that Chapman bloke can be just as annoying and rude.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Will he be on after Sunday's matches? If so, it'll mean there will be no respite after what will be presumably be a couple of hours of Alan Green. Can we not get the cricket season extended so there's something else to listen to?

Dandyman

In London village.
Wright can barely put a sentence together - **** knows why anyone thinks he will be anything other than a total embarrassment.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Punditry by the ignorant for the ignorant.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Apparently he's hosting the Sunday show with Kelly Cates. I'll be giving that a miss.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Tired format, best years behind it, just like A Question of Sport.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Although I did enjoy R5's Wright/Bright show ten years ago... it was TEN years ago. Wrighty just comes across as a boorish man these days; just because Savage has as little dignity with his own opinions as he does fashion sense, doesn't mean he should be pontificating on, as someone rightly said, that tired old, off-its-last-legs show.

I haven't listened to 606 for ten years either, mind you...

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Headline seeking plonker who adds nothing to a debate aside from stirring and muck raking, should fit in nicely.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here