Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eddie Kidd's Wife Jailed

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-23535011

... for assaulting him. Good.

When spousal abuse is wife on husband, is it still treated differently to husband on wife? Or is that just my perception?

Despite not knowing anyone who's been abused by their wife/girlfriend, I do hope this story provokes a bit of airtime discussion across the media, because it must be out there right?

dragonred

Aug 8, 2011
Hove
I think it definitely is under reported but quite common - Go down west street any saturday night and you'll see loads of girls give their boyfriends are decent right hook or worse! no doubt in Eddie's case fact he has severe physical (and mental) limitations due to his injuries made it even worse, hence the custodial.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
The reason 99% is man on woman is probably because most men wouldnt report it as there is still a huge stigma involved for a man if he did .And if what you are saying is true that a police officer social worker etc would treat it the same ,then I would be very very surprised .I know of an occasion where a man had been verbally and violently abused and the police did not take it seriously at all ,in fact the Wpc told the man he was a big guy for that to happen and perhaps it was better if he ended the relationship .

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Every Domestic Abuse case is treated on it's individual merits, no distinction is made based on the sex (or sexual orientation) of the perpetrator or victim.
However, something like 99% of reported DV is man on woman.

Complete Bollocks - Sorry

But go and try and report women on male DV and OFTEN the police will try to put you off reporting it - They will say they CAN"T book it as DV!!!!

However if a woman reports that her ex is stalking her (even with a fictitious name ) they will book it!!! Some women do it to try and get a better council flat as they claim they are too scared to live where they are.
They will book it and "investigate" even without knowing exactly who or where he is supposed to be now!

And even your 99% is wrong latest figures are something like 60/40%

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Every Domestic Abuse case is treated on it's individual merits, no distinction is made based on the sex (or sexual orientation) of the perpetrator or victim.
However, something like 99% of reported DV is man on woman.

As police officer said on radio report. Statistics show male attacks in dv are higher but we are seeingmore of these female on male attacks. His words not mine.
What I'd like to know is how many go unreported.
I once witnessed a drunk wife attack her husband marking his face she fell over cut her head. Police arrived and she shouted 'he pushed me', despite witnesses including myself and her daughter saying otherwise the hubby was arrested. He was given a caution although he had done nothing. I wonder how many more cases there are like this that add to the statistics.
As forEddie kidds girlfriend 5 months for battering a defenceless paralysed man and throttling him on another occasion is derisory. The feministas would be fuming roles reversed.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
These are signs of DV - How many can honestly say on here that an partner or ex has NEVER done any of these?

It might not be physical but its still DV and if your relationship breaks down these can get increasingly worse.

Do you: feel afraid of your partner much of the time?
Does your partner:humiliate or yell at you?
Do You : avoid certain topics out of fear of angering your partner?
Does your partner criticize you and put you down?
Doe you feel that you can’t do anything right for your partner?
Does your partner treat you so badly that you’re embarrassed for your friends or family to see?
Do you believe that you deserve to be hurt or mistreated?
Does your partner ignore or put down your opinions or accomplishments?
Do you wonder if you’re the one who is crazy?
Does your partner blame you for their own abusive behavior?
Do you feel emotionally numb or helpless?
Does your partner see you as property or a sex object, rather than as a person?
Does your partner have a bad and unpredictable temper?
Does your partner: act excessively jealous and possessive?
hurt you, or threaten to hurt or kill you?
control where you go or what you do?
threaten to take your children away or harm them?
keep you from seeing your friends or family?
threaten to commit suicide if you leave?
limit your access to money, the phone, or the car?
force you to have sex?
destroy your belongings?
constantly check up on you?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Complete Bollocks - Sorry

But go and try and report women on male DV and OFTEN the police will try to put you off reporting it - They will say they CAN"T book it as DV!!!!

However if a woman reports that her ex is stalking her (even with a fictitious name ) they will book it!!! Some women do it to try and get a better council flat as they claim they are too scared to live where they are.
They will book it and "investigate" even without knowing exactly who or where he is supposed to be now!

And even your 99% is wrong latest figures are something like 60/40%
That is not true

http://refuge.org.uk/get-help-now/what-is-domestic-violence/myths-of-domestic-violence/

http://refuge.org.uk/get-help-now/what-is-domestic-violence/domestic-violence-the-facts/

The actual figures are 81% female victims, 19% male victimes

• 2 women are killed every week in England and Wales by a current or former partner (Homicid
    R-D-10351-200x300.jpg
    e Statistics, 1998) – 1 woman killed every 3 days
  • 1 in 4 women experience domestic violence over their lifetimes and between 6-10% of women suffer domestic violence in a given year (Council of Europe, 2002)
  • Domestic violence has a higher rate of repeat victimisation than any other crime (Home Office, July 2002)
  • Every minute police in the UK receive a domestic assistance call – yet only 35% of domestic violence incidents are reported to the police (Stanko, 2000 & Home Office, 2002)
  • The 2001/02 British Crime Survey (BCS) found that there were an estimated 635,000 incidents of domestic violence in England and Wales. 81% of the victims were women and 19% were men. Domestic violence incidents also made up nearly 22% of all violent incidents reported by participants in the BCS (Home Office, July 2002)
  • On average, a woman is assaulted 35 times before her first call to the police (Jaffe, 1982)
[h=3]Children[/h]
  • In 90% of domestic violence incidents in family households, children were in the same or the next room (Hughes, 1992)
  • In over 50% of known domestic violence cases, children were also directly abused – NSPCC (1997) found a 55% overlap; Farmer & Owen (1995) found 52% overlap
[h=3]Health[/h]
  • 30% of domestic violence either starts or will intensify during pregnancy (Department of Health report, October 2004)
  • Foetal morbidity from violence is more prevalent than gestational diabetes or pre-eclampsia (Friend, 1998)
[h=3]Cost to society[/h]
  • In November 2009, Sylvia Walby of the University of Leeds estimated the total costs of domestic violence to be £15.7 billion a year. This is broken down as follows:
  • The costs to services (Criminal Justice System, health, social services, housing, civil legal) amount to £3.8 billion per year
  • The loss to the economy – where women take time off work due to injuries – is £1.9 billion per year
  • Domestic violence also leads to pain and suffering that is not counted in the cost of services. The human and emotional costs of domestic violence amount to almost £10 billion per year

[h=3]Make a donation[/h]Click here to donate020 7395 7713

[h=3]Refuge Newsletter[/h]Sign up to receive updates today!

[h=3]How did you hear about Refuge?[/h] -- Select -- PosterMagazineNewspaperThe SunThis MorningEngland NetballWebsiteCinemaOnline bannerDirect mailFriendsDoctorPoliceMake-up campaignFruit campaignOther GroupLondon MarathonFamily

Contact the 24-hour National Domestic Violence Freephone Helpline on0808 2000 247

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
But Eddie Kidd is in a mess, probably not able to defend himself very well.
He was seriously injured [paralysed and brain damaged] in a bike stunt that went wrong in 1996.
He was a nice guy [met him a few times at Brands Hatch when I used to race bikes] and at the time is was married to the ever so horny Debbie Ash.
Believe his latest wife is ex-model Samantha Kirli.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
The figure is an estimate based on my experience of what's been brought to court over the last 7 years and various DV training sessions I've been on.
Would you like to quote your experience ?

Ok here goes

10 years charity work for FNF plus personal experience, Mackenzie friending helping hundreds of Blokes (and some women) get/try and get contact with their kids.

I've spoken to police officers who have admitted they always try and arrest the bloke or get him to leave because its easier. Some of those officers ended up saying how bad the system is and only realised it after going through it themselves because guess what ... one of the occupations with the most claims of Dv against it is .... THE POLICE FORCE.

I've spoken in front of Contact Centre volunteers and even the Sussex Family Justice Law panel which included Judges, The Police, Solicitors, Social Services etc about what goes on.

The next meeting of FNF is at the Nevil pub 8pm a week on Monday if you want to come along. All welcome. You might hear some stories that will make you cry or tear your hair out with frustration though.

Sure they don't all include DV claims but I would say 90% do and virtually all are made up claims to deny contact. Blokes suffer DV but most don't report it, Refuge make up statistics or sex up the figures to get money to run their centres. If the true figures came out they wouldn't get the support they get. 10 years ago there were no Mens refuges now there is about one and its very poorly funded.

Sure I've met a few blokes that admitted to hitting their ex but the majority did nothing but were told to plead guilty at a magistrates court or they might get a prison sentence if they fought the allegation at Crown court. The irony was they then were put on aggression/anger courses with real violent blokes who HAD actually hit and beat their wives but guess what the wives were with them on the course! The innocent ones attended on their own!

I could give you more details of my experience theres loads more and if you come along next meeting you can see for yourself !

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
That is not true

I wouldn't believe a word refuge says - they make stuff up to get grants and support People like them and Harriet Harman just use lies and statistics to try and bring in anti men legislation.

Read up on Erin Pizzey she set up the first womens refuge in Chiswick which became Refuge! She saw what the problem was with them and had her dog killed by them before she had to leave.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Sure they don't all include DV claims but I would say 90% do and virtually all are made up claims to deny contact.

Really? Bloody hell. Your post illustrates for me the difficulty of dealing with all this - yes I'm interested/curious about something I know nothing about, but I really don't think I could remain calm and objective and unangry.

Hats off to you though.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Really? Bloody hell. Your post illustrates for me the difficulty of dealing with all this - yes I'm interested/curious about something I know nothing about, but I really don't think I could remain calm and objective and unangry.

Hats off to you though.

Before I went through divorce 10 years ago I didn't think this happened - the ONLY support I got was from Families need Fathers (FNF) nothing to do with Fathers for Justice - The police, solicitors, courts were crap I met people at FNF who knew more about the law than the barristers and courts for a £25 subscription. I won (if it was winning) so I decided to try and give some back. I've never claimed a penny in expenses and all my time is free. The best payment I've had is when someone says I've seen my kids and i'm getting contact now.

We help mothers too! and grandparents who lose out on contact with their grandchildren when this happens

www.fnf.org.uk

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
...so you have a personal issue with women?

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
...so you have a personal issue with women?

No do you have issues with men?

I love women, the nice ones, the funny ones, all types, all colours - We help both sexes thats the difference Refuge don't - a bloke turns up there and they tell him to go away and die.

I think children need both parents and its not for one parent to decide that they are the superior parent and its certainly not right for a parent to allege things and for te state to alienate parents especially fathers because its politically right to do so.

Not all blokes are wife beaters so why treat them all like they are. And what about the child is it right to support child abuse when one parent alienates the children by telling lies?

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Refuge statistic 1 woman killed every 3 days

so 30 women have died in the last 3 months. 30 women 30! if that were really true don't you think you would know about some of the cases personally or have heard their names?

here are some statistics that counter balance the Refuge ones - I can't guarantee they are accurate - if they are its horrendous 4M men are affected by DV each year!

The police receive a 999 call every three minutes from a male victim
1 in 6 men will experience Domestic Violence in their life
Every third victim of Domestic Violence is a man
Domestic Violence equates to approx 25% of all reported violent crimes
9% of all reported violent crimes are Domestic Violence cases involving male victims
Approximately 4 million men are affected every year by domestic violence
Practically the same percentage of men as women are victims of severe acts of Domestic Violence.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here