Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet on MOTD

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I would love it, LOVE IT, if the BBC sacked him live on air.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Good.

He's far more entertaining to watch/listen to than some of the dull, grey cliche merchants they have on there.

albionite

May 20, 2009
Has Gus appealed the appeal yet, or does this take a few months while his lawyers try to find out if the club didn't dot the i's and cross the t's

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Good.

I love Gus. He's an entertainer, and was one of the best managers I have ever seen at the Albion. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL football.

As far as being a pundit is concerned, he will tell it how it is, that's what he does. Should be top entertainment.

Sussex on Leith

Sep 11, 2003
Leith
Along with Fowler and Vialli apparently. Good but belated shout from the Beeb to break up the old bores club (though I'm sure we'll still hear plenty from them). Also it's going to be available on iPlayer, also good news.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I'll watch him chatter with a certain sense of pride. I doubt he'll bemoan his enforced retirement from work as seagullian dream provider as it's Match of the Day and he'll be talking of the matches of that day, ideally characterfully, rather than about what happened months and months ago. It'll be good to see him.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I hope it goes well for him. It will be good to see him.

I will miss his pre and post match conferences.

Absolutely, the bloke is entertainment and knows how to control an audience.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Along with Fowler and Vialli apparently. Good but belated shout from the Beeb to break up the old bores club (though I'm sure we'll still hear plenty from them). Also it's going to be available on iPlayer, also good news.

Hansen is retiring as a pundit at the end of the season, so the decision is being forced on them to a certain degree, but I imagine they are going to blood a few different faces with the return of their FA Cup coverage in a year or so's time in mind.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Good.

I love Gus. He's an entertainer, and was one of the best managers I have ever seen at the Albion. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL football.

As far as being a pundit is concerned, he will tell it how it is, that's what he does. Should be top entertainment.
This.

Gus bus rides again

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I hope it goes well for him. It will be good to see him.

I will miss his pre and post match conferences.

I agree, although I was more of a fan of Tanno's press conferences. Gus and Charlie were entertainers, but Tanno used fewer words and managed to tell us so much more with them. There was something mesmorising about his thoughtful and considered answers.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Looking forward to Vialli and Gus. Is Fowler any good as a pundit?
He's normally pretty good when he steps in on Sky Sports..... does this mean once and for all Mark Brights f**king off?

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I agree, although I was more of a fan of Tanno's press conferences. Gus and Charlie were entertainers, but Tanno used fewer words and managed to tell us so much more with them. There was something mesmorising about his thoughtful and considered answers.

Agreed. The focus has been on Gus - but I will also miss Tanno and his press conferences. I particularly likes the one when he suggested all the clubs put their budgets on the table.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here