Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Albion and BBC Extend Deal

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
BBC Sussex and BBC Surrey will have even more football commentary in the coming season, thanks to brand new commentary deals with both Albion and Crawley Town.
The new deal with Albion lasts for three seasons, and means listeners to BBC Sussex will be able to hear live commentary on every game the team plays until May 2016, home and away. The Seagulls got close to promotion to the Premier League last season, only being beaten in the play-offs, and under new head coach Oscar Garcia will be hoping to go one better this time around.
Meanwhile fans of Crawley Town will be able to hear live commentary on every single away game the club plays for the next two seasons, as well as many home matches, in an extended deal struck by the radio station. The Red Devils’ remarkable rise from non-league football to the play-off positions of League One in recent years has led to the BBC deciding to commit to extra coverage, plus regular news and interviews throughout the week.* Commentary will be broadcast on BBC Surrey’s transmitters.
Conference sides Aldershot Town and Woking Town are not forgotten either. BBC Surrey will continue to provide coverage of matches, with reporters at all games, as well as radio commentary on key away fixtures. Commentary on all games of both clubs can be heard online at www.bbc.co.uk/surrey and via the clubs’ official websites.*
cantor-exeter-02nov10-ph-6467-1229-959098.jpg

BBC Surrey and Sussex Managing Editor Sara David said, “I'm delighted that we are starting the season with such a strong line-up of live commentary for local football fans. Good luck to all the teams - I'm looking forward to hearing their progress on air.”
Albion CEO Paul Barber said, “We are pleased to have agreed a new three-year commentary deal with BBC Sussex, running until June 2016, on improved commercial terms.“Johnny Cantor, Adrian Harms and the BBC Sussex sports team provide unrivalled live radio coverage of all our matches, and we know this is an important service to many of our supporters.
“We are delighted that the coverage will continue in a similar form, while also supplying commentary to those outside the BBC Sussex region via Seagulls Player.”
Crawley Town chairman Dave Pottinger said, "This is great news for our fans, particularly those who cannot make our away games. The coverage of the club by BBC Sussex has always been very good and with this agreement in place, I'm sure their coverage will be even better and I would appeal to our fans to engage with the station as much as possible."
For more details please contact Sara David Editor of BBC Sussex and BBC Surrey: sara.david@bbc.co.uk

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here