What boycott ? ???

Didn't see any placards outside the stadium on Saturday or Tuesday :lolol:

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
He sounds a tad delusional IMHO !!!!

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Damn I went to a game, if I had known it would have had an effect on getting Geoffery off Test match commentary I would have signed up.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Over 10k for both matches is a superb result, anyone who thinks different is deluded

I wouldn't say it is a 'superb' result. I'd say it's about what you'd expect. 20,000 would have been a superb result.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I wouldn't say it is a 'superb' result. I'd say it's about what you'd expect. 20,000 would have been a superb result.

I would say that it is.

12,000+ then 10,500+ for a friendly when compared to 7 to 8k crowds for a league game at Withdean just shows you how far this club has grown and what a good crowd we managed to get for games that weren't necessarily that attractive to go to watch.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The only boycott I've been involved in was the 2nd half against Mansfield and even then I wasn't that keen on leaving...

I hope it WAS Mansfield, but if not that was the game I left at half time after the fireworks (??) went off? It really is all a bit fuzzy now :down:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I would say that it is.

12,000+ then 10,500+ for a friendly when compared to 7 to 8k crowds for a league game at Withdean just shows you how far this club has grown and what a good crowd we managed to get for games that weren't necessarily that attractive to go to watch.

I don't really see how you can compare the crowd at a league game at Withdean to a friendly at one of the best stadiums in the country against Premier League and La Liga opposition. Who the hell would have gone to Withdean other than did hard Albion fans? The friendliest at the Amex against top level opposition are always going to be more attractive. 10,000+ is a good effort, and I imagine pretty much exactly what the club were expecting. 7 or 8000 would have been poor.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I don't really see how you can compare the crowd at a league game at Withdean to a friendly at one of the best stadiums in the country against Premier League and La Liga opposition. Who the hell would have gone to Withdean other than did hard Albion fans? The friendliest at the Amex against top level opposition are always going to be more attractive. 10,000+ is a good effort, and I imagine pretty much exactly what the club were expecting. 7 or 8000 would have been poor.

How many were at Kuipers testamonial match against Premier League opposition?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
The only boycott I've been involved in was the 2nd half against Mansfield and even then I wasn't that keen on leaving...

I hope it WAS Mansfield, but if not that was the game I left at half time after the fireworks (??) went off? It really is all a bit fuzzy now :down:

I'm pretty certain it was Mansfield, but it was only the last 10 mins or so we walked out for (you are correct fireworks signaled the walkout. There was another game where fans turned up and refused to enter the stadium. Some climbed walls after the game had kicked off to avoid paying but I cannot remember who the opponents were.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here