Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

£2 for a lottery ticket from october

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I am guessing there will be more chances to win?
I probably get five tickets max a year- now it won't be any.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Don't you win more for matching 3 numbers or something ?

Still proper rubbish though. Its the old dears on their pensions who liked a little flutter who I feel sorry for. A couple of lines for £2 was ok, but £4 for the same thing will feel like a hell of a lot.

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011

Still proper rubbish though. Its the old dears on their pensions who liked a little flutter who I feel sorry for. A couple of lines for £2 was ok, but £4 for the same thing will feel like a hell of a lot.

Absolutely right, it's a huge jump for pensioners who probably look forward to the lottery as the only enjoyment during the week.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
It was £1 when it first started in 1994 though. That's the equivalent of £1.69 when 19 years worth of inflation is taken into account.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

£25 rather than £10 for 3 numbers, and a draw for something like 10 x £20k prizes every draw day?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
That might be it for me.

I only do it because I've had the same numbers from the start and would be gutted to see them come in, and I'd stopped doing them.

BUT ... I NEVER watch the draw anymore, and therefore hardly ever even see what the numbers were. So even if by some long shot "my" numbers were to come in, the chances of me seeing that they did is almost as long of a shot again.

£2? Meh, time to stop.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Has Barber gone to work for Camelot?

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
This will stop a lot of people from doing it. It is very rare that I get a lottery ticket (the last one I got was about this time last year) but it will get even rarer now. I would much rather spend that pound on a few 20p accumulaters. (I don't even do that very often).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here