Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Swanseas story

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
The story about how Swansea fans kept their club up and how they removed the chairman onto their success now

NOW ON BBC1

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Great stuff. Shame I can't stay up for The Palace Story on ITV4 at 3:20. I'd plus it but I'm got weeks of Emmerdale to get through.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Great story. 10 years ago Swansea beat Hull to stay in the Football League. This season coming they will play each other in the Premier League. A lot can change in a decade. Inspiring stuff.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Reminded me of our history, except they never had to ground share 70 miles away!!!

Also, never knew they were still owned by fans. How did they manage to finance the Liberty stadium??

Another great football story, and no administration involved!!!!!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The club we're emulating imo...

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Reminded me of our history, except they never had to ground share 70 miles away!!!

Also, never knew they were still owned by fans. How did they manage to finance the Liberty stadium??

Another great football story, and no administration involved!!!!!

With the Vetch Field, St Helen's and The Gnoll no longer being up-to-date venues to play at, and both the Swans and the Ospreys not having the necessary capital to invest into a new stadium, Swansea council and a developer-led consortia submitted a proposal for a sustainable 'bowl' venue for 20,520 seats on a site to the west of the River Tawe on the site of the Morfa Stadium, an athletics stadium owned by the City and County of Swansea council. It was funded by a 355,000 ft retail park on land to the east of the river. The final value of the development being in excess of £50m.

I'm tempted to say that the Swansea story is much the same as ours, without the difficult bit - the stadium. But that would be churlish. Their fans had the faith and kept to it. And you can't say fairer than that.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Well told story as well - nice additions from the key people, all of whom have such an evident affection for the club.

red star portslade

Jul 8, 2012
Hove innit
there's a film about their story being released soon, the star-studded team behind the project includes Oscar-winning James Marsh, who won an Academy Award for his documentary Man On Wire, executive producer, and two-time Bafta Cymru winner, Edward Thomas, as well as director Marc Evans, the man behind Swansea-based musical Hunky Dory, and multi Welsh Bafta winning feature film Patagonia.
Also on board is editor Gregers Sall, who worked on double Bafta award winning film Senna, and Swansea's award-winning broadcaster and documentary maker, Mal Pope.

Read more: http://www.thisissouthwales.co.uk/S...tory-19375253-detail/story.html#ixzz2ahmULlRl
Follow us: @thisisswales on Twitter | thisissouthwales on Facebook

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011
The story about how Swansea fans kept their club up and how they removed the chairman onto their success now

NOW ON BBC1

Why on earth are you posting on here? The mind boggles. Why not post on Spurs, Chelsea, Fulham forums etc. Might be an interesting story but why post on here? Some of the stuff you've posted on here you ought to have been banned.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Just watching it now. I think Swansea have a massive gratitude to the referee for that Hull game as the second penalty decision was a shocker. I wonder what would have happened to them if that one decision had gone the other way.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Why on earth are you posting on here? The mind boggles. Why not post on Spurs, Chelsea, Fulham forums etc. Might be an interesting story but why post on here? Some of the stuff you've posted on here you ought to have been banned.

Really? The story is quite similar..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here