Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone having problems with ticket website?

Trying to get Burnley Tickets sorted but it keeps telling me that there is a problem with card validation when I come to check out and I know there isn't at my end.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Yes. I got the same message when trying to buy a Leeds ticket last week. I had to use another card in the end.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
I cannot get it to accept my AMEX card, used MasterCard instead and that worked fine!

I had the exact same problem. And the same solution. Glad it's not just me.... If there's one card that really ought to work, somehow it seems it should be an Amex card!

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Yep same problem won't accept either credit or debit card. Phoned the ticket office but they wanted to charge me extra for using their service so I left it (yes I am that tight!).

Edit: reply from club
We have had a few people calling us this morning with the same problem. We did actually try it ourselves to do a purchase on the website and it went through completely fine, so we’re not too sure as to what is the core problem! We are though currently looking at the problem and are working to get it rectified. In the meantime, if the problem persists, give us a quick ring on 0844 327 1901 and we’ll process the payment for you there and then.

Last edited:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Yep same problem won't accept either credit or debit card. Phoned the ticket office but they wanted to charge me extra for using their service so I left it (yes I am that tight!).

It's not tight. It's the principle.

Finally got there after manual intervention from the ticket office and 15' on the phone. Also told that the seats I wanted were all full rate, no child discounts due to location. This wasn't what the website said during my failed attempt to book online, fortunately the ticket office let me have them at the correct rate.

I heard a voice in the background saying that the website wasn't taking any cards at present but that it was being looked at. Perhaps I should have suggested they turned it off and then back on again?

Not impressed and feel sorry for the poor folks at the sharp end who have to deal with it.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Amex problem for me as well. I can't imagine the sponsors are too happy that we've had to use a competitors card!

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Couldn't use my Amex card either, I thought this was meant to be resolved by now.

Managed to get my parking sorted in the end using a second Visa card. Amex has been rejected the last few times I've tried to use the site. They must be well chuffed after pumping in all that money.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Finally got my card to go through, whether they have sorted it or I just got lucky is not known!

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Just tried to get a Birmingham ticket with my Amex card, still not accepting it. I'll pop into the shop tuesday and try in person, hopefully I can use it then. It is very odd that it won't accept it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here