Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T Gatwick parking.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Planning to get away in August and was wondering if many on here use the long stay car parks at Gatwick? Looks like it will be south terminal...

How much is a reasonable price, seen quotes coming up around 80 GBP, for 7 days, which seems slightly high.

Any NSCers got any advise (re parking please).

Thanks awfully,
Ooowww ooowww.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Last week on watchdog they had a couple of holiday parking companies at Gatwick that basically parked your car on the side of the road. Can't remember their names, best to check either the watchdog website or iplayer the episode and avoid those companies!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
To be honest at least you know where it is as opposed to what is stated above.

I thought if you booked early it is discounted however a bit of a captive market in August

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Just do either official long stay, or the summer special. I like long stay, usually most expensive but park your own, and keep your own keys.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We always use purple parking at Gatwick and it is never anything like that price for 7 days, we paid £57 for 17 nights, including drop off and pick up at the airport. My son always stays at a hotel near the airport that offer free parking and drop off. Just checked Purple Parking website and it is near that price in August.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We always use purple parking at Gatwick and it is never anything like that price for 7 days, we paid £57 for 17 nights, including drop off and pick up at the airport..

I hope you made a note of your mileage? We've used the Summer Special and Long Stay, but get regular emails which have a discounted code to use.

rdigs24

Southampton seagull
Jan 21, 2012
Southampton
I always use www.Park at my house.com for parking on a private driveway. I paid 32 for a weeks parking earlier this year in Three bridges which included a return transfer to the North terminal.

mlg57

Oct 20, 2006
Milton Keynes
I find that one of the cheapest ways is to book an overnight hotel stay before you fly. I can usually find deals that include parking for 8-15 nights and an overnight stop for not much more than a normal overnight stop.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
Tudor rose valet parking pick your car up when you go and have it waiting for you on your return. It'll be cheaper than you have been charged for long term and have always been professional and reliable

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here