Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BBC 5live article about the Albion, just started

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I see BBC as complicit in the 'Gus didn't know he was sacked' BS. Perhaps this is just a continuation of their pro-Gus / anti-Albion stance (I have NOT heard what was said just now, hence the question mark ->)?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Might be a while before the club agrees to another Albion player being interviewed on R5Live when the clear intention was to dish the dirt instead of asking questions about our hopes and prospects for the coming season.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
Really!? What was said?

As SG said above, they inferred (blamed) someone in the club for poogate, they pressed Orlandi on why Gus was sacked and when told it was a legal issue by him still wanted to know and after the interview finished had a discussion on why Gus was sacked (live on TV). they were more interested in the sensationalism than the facts.

edit:agree with SOG above.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
The presenter was implying that oatway and/or tanno were possibly sacked for shitting on the dressing room floor!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
How did Orlandi carry himself?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Impeccably as you would expect, mentioning the 'Brighton and Hove Family' his love for the club etc...a gent and an ambassador.
The correct answer was beautifully as you would expect.

But I'll take Impeccably.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Who was the presenter? Most of BBC sports reporters are only out for their next "exclusive" scandal or damaging "quote". Garry Richardson and Pat Murphy being two of the least subtle ones.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Who was the presenter? Most of BBC sports reporters are only out for their next "exclusive" scandal or damaging "quote". Garry Richardson and Pat Murphy being two of the least subtle ones.

Ian Payne, along with Paul Jewell (comes across quite well), Dave Jones (very dignified) and Steve Claridge (bellend).

Garry Richardson is woeful IMO, but Pat Murphy always comes across as very knowledgeable, and I always remember him commentating from Hereford in '97!

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Unfortunately the downside to the Gus issue is that for a while we will have to put up with lazy journalism content to peddle myths and half truths. This will only prolong the perception that Gus is the wronged party etc. It will also feed the cheap jibes that are likely to come our way from opposition fans. It is a consequence of dealing with matters confidentially that the Club cannot give its side of the story.

I don't think this will go away until we start playing decent footie under OG and let that do the talking.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Ian Payne, along with Paul Jewell (comes across quite well), Dave Jones (very dignified) and Steve Claridge (bellend).

Garry Richardson is woeful IMO, but Pat Murphy always comes across as very knowledgeable, and I always remember him commentating from Hereford in '97!

i've always enjoyed listening to Pat Murphy

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
They can suck it, frankly. The only media organisation that's still talking about that.
And grilling a current player about it? Classy.
We're not allowed to post any speculation about things on NSC, but yet they can suggest that Tanno/Oatway did it? Enjoy the lawsuit. What a bunch of :wanker:s

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
They can suck it, frankly. The only media organisation that's still talking about that.
And grilling a current player about it? Classy.
We're not allowed to post any speculation about things on NSC, but yet they can suggest that Tanno/Oatway did it? Enjoy the lawsuit. What a bunch of :wanker:s

Quite. I listen to R5 all the time and much of it is good, but its let down by a few lazy journos. The worst was that Mr Potato Head idiot (Baggies fan) who regularly interviewed without having a clue what he was getting into. His reward was to get to present football on TV. That works. . . .

Its a sham that there is a growing notion nationwide that we are some sort of flashy rich club with a lode of overseas imports, but . . . ****em.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here