Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Last orders at The Mill House Pub, Portslade Today.

dandanthebrightonfan

Jan 29, 2012
BN14
Another local pub shuts its doors for the last time tonight,my local for the last 20 years a sad day for me. :nono: :drink: :angry:

We have fought the developer since last September and lost, all we need is another tesco's or sainsbury!

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton
Have you tried this?

http://www.camra.org.uk/planning

the problem is that pubcos see more money in redevelopment that in pubs. I expect the usual thing has happened in that a manager was put in place a couple of years ago to run it down so the owners can show it's not viable then they can apply for change of use. Tesco will pay top dollar for the site, and the few small shops in the area will soon go the same way as the pub. Unfortunately its not a pretty pub or got any historical relevance, so apart from a few regulars, no one will miss it. That doesn't make it right, but it's a fact of modern life.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
this is the one just round the corner from New Barn close is it?
blimey if it is then I used to use it while I lived there in the early 80's it used to be packed ....sign of the times I suppose bugger

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
When we lived over at Downs Park (87-90) it always seemed lively when we walked past.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Morrisons are buying up closed pubs to make Morrisons locals out of as they have done in America Lane Haywards Heath to what was The Eagle and opens tomorrow as a store. This will please McColls I am sure.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
Morrisons are buying up closed pubs to make Morrisons locals out of as they have done in America Lane Haywards Heath to what was The Eagle and opens tomorrow as a store. This will please McColls I am sure.

Is this the McColls whose game plan is to be the only convenience store in rural villages and charge through the nose to a captive audience? Competition will be good for the local population I should imagine ???

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
shame,i felt the same when the maytree went on old shoreham rd

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Is this the McColls whose game plan is to be the only convenience store in rural villages and charge through the nose to a captive audience? Competition will be good for the local population I should imagine

The winners will be the locals provided they keep their prices within normal range unlike Tesco in their Express shops and do the same as McColls and charge the earth.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Spent many a good night in there..

My Dad is 65, and having been drinking in there since he was SIX, he feels he has lost a family member almost.

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
Spent most of my youth living just up the road (Foredown Road), my parents still live there.

Funnily enough, I spent a lot more time in the two pubs in the Old Village, and the pubs south of Southern Cross than I did in there. Still be sad to see it go though.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
Spent most of my youth living just up the road (Foredown Road), my parents still live there.

Funnily enough, I spent a lot more time in the two pubs in the Old Village, and the pubs south of Southern Cross than I did in there. Still be sad to see it go though.

Stag's closed now, too.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Another local pub shuts its doors for the last time tonight,my local for the last 20 years a sad day for me. :nono: :drink: :angry:

We have fought the developer since last September and lost, all we need is another tesco's or sainsbury!

Didn't it also close for a couple of months a few years ago as someone was serving up gear. Remember the OB steaming in one night.

Stag's closed now, too.

A lot of happy memories drinking underage during my college years in that pub. Shame.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here