Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Brighton Dome, October

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Thank you.
Seeing them in London that month but can never have too much of The Cave.

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
Thank you so much for flagging this. Always wanted to see him live!

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Dome should be an absolute cracker

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
I Tunes says I have 760 of his songs! Albeit it went a bit crazy and doubled up most of the CD ones – not great given how many tracks there are normally on the B Sides CDs alone.

I also have his Live in France and Abattoir Blues DVD’s and he looks brilliant live. Will he play Stagger Lee?!

This is the same week as Suede in Southampton and Albion home to Watford (Friday) too.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Damn, damn, damn. I'm flying back to the UK when tickets go on sale so looks like I'll not get a chance to see him play. Incidentally, I bought the super deluxe version of his latest album and it took months to arrive but it's a real collector's item. In amongst the DVD, CD, record and 7 inch there's a replica copy of his notebook that he kept when creating the album. It's like no other piece of music memorabilia that I own, giving a real insight into his musings, influences and lyric ideas for the album. Bearing all that in mind, it's a real shame that I don't rate the album all that much - but I hope that over time that I change my mind.

Here's what the notebook looks like:

war79g.jpg

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Next Friday as in the 2nd or the 9th? I won't be around for either, so need to get someone to sort this for me.

Brighton Dome email listing says that they are on sale today to priority members then tomorrow (2nd) 9 a.m. or 10 a.m. for phone/counter sales.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Brighton Dome email listing says that they are on sale today to priority members then tomorrow (2nd) 9 a.m. or 10 a.m. for phone/counter sales.

Oh bloody hell. Cheers Buzzer. I think I may be a priority member, but I'm ****ed if I can remember my Password. Oh well. I'll give it a go...

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Getting tickets tomorrow.
This will mean I will be seeing Nick Cave October 24th in Brighton, Watford at home 25th, Nick Cave in London 26th
Sometimes life is sweet.

Last edited:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Lives down the road from me. Or frequents a certain place on my road a lot.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Finally a Charlie Bucket moment, ticket acquired. :)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Lives down the road from me. Or frequents a certain place on my road a lot.

He used to live two roads away from me in Hove (either Medina or Albany Villas) but he has moved to Kemp Town right? I used to see him in Bagelman on Church Rd quite often and pottering around the area from time to time. My favourite spot was at about 7am when he swaggered out of my local newsagent in three quarter length tan coat and suit; looked like a scene from a western as he strutted across an empty Church Road at the sun rose.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
He used to live two roads away from me in Hove (either Medina or Albany Villas) but he has moved to Kemp Town right? I used to see him in Bagelman on Church Rd quite often and pottering around the area from time to time. My favourite spot was at about 7am when he swaggered out of my local newsagent in three quarter length tan coat and suit; looked like a scene from a western as he strutted across an empty Church Road at the sun rose.

Ah, I think he lives on my road then. Always going in and out of a house just down from me in Kemp Town. He's like a ridiculously stylish undertaker. Can't imagine him in summer shorts somehow.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Ah, I think he lives on my road then. Always going in and out of a house just down from me in Kemp Town. He's like a ridiculously stylish undertaker. Can't imagine him in summer shorts somehow.

Buzzer posted a photo of him in his swimming trunks a short while back.

I bought some tickets for his Hamburg gig some time back. Right, must dash as I need a hair cut.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here