Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

OT. DAB radio Newhaven Lewes Seaford. Loss of reception

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Is it just me but cannot get National BBC radio services on my DAB radios. Signal comes from the Newhaven transmitter but there are no reported DAB faults on the BBC engineering page. BBC Sussex and commercial radio which come from the Beddingham transmitter are fine. So, anyone else having problems?

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
think yourself lucky, cant get bugger all channels where i am at any time

The Bracknell household is currently exiled in Lewes town centre, thanks to Network Rail. The place we are staying in lost BBC DAB at about 9.00am this morning. I assumed it was just the set on the kitchen table, rather than a network issue, but it's still not working. FM is fine, though.

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton
DAB radio is the biggest con going. Reception poor or non existent in many parts of the country. Got a new car last year with digital radio, great I thought, Planet Rock wherever I go. Not a chance! No signal from Carden Avenue up A 23 until well past Crawley, broken reception around Brighton, bloody useless. Don't bother with digital car radio unless you live in or around London. Complained to WV that my reception was poor and asked if they could fit some sort of booster, but they said the problem is that the UK went for the cheapest digital option and that there were no problems with digital radio in Germany so WV don't have any plans for to upgrade the receiver in their cars! No idea if its true or not, but I can well believe it.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
DAB radio is the biggest con going. Reception poor or non existent in many parts of the country. Got a new car last year with digital radio, great I thought, Planet Rock wherever I go. Not a chance! No signal from Carden Avenue up A 23 until well past Crawley, broken reception around Brighton, bloody useless. Don't bother with digital car radio unless you live in or around London. Complained to WV that my reception was poor and asked if they could fit some sort of booster, but they said the problem is that the UK went for the cheapest digital option and that there were no problems with digital radio in Germany so WV don't have any plans for to upgrade the receiver in their cars! No idea if its true or not, but I can well believe it.

I can't speak on the technical side, but we regularly travel from Shoreham to West Wales, we lose coverage for about 3 seconds the other side of Arundel, other than that we have perfect reception all of the way. So it kind of suggests it's problem with your car rather than the UK......

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton
I can't speak on the technical side, but we regularly travel from Shoreham to West Wales, we lose coverage for about 3 seconds the other side of Arundel, other than that we have perfect reception all of the way. So it kind of suggests it's problem with your car rather than the UK......

Thanks for that, interesting to hear. Car is due for its first service shortly so I'll get them to look at it properly.

kalinx

Jan 11, 2006
Me neither, Im in Newhaven and cant get any of those channels. Thought it was my radio at first - very odd!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here