Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

LOCAL Ghosts and spooky happenings...

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
A number of years ago I attended a local school which often had tales of this and that ghost in the Bell Tower, you know, the usual made up stories.

However.

A few years ago, the son of a friend of mine went to work as a temporary caretaker there but after a very short while refused to return. The reason he gave was because of some quite frightening and unexplained goings on when he was in the school on his own. The place scared him witless. He is a perfectly sane individual, as is his Mother who explained it all to me. Apparently he once took a friend in as a witness, who experienced the same things

At the time, when approached, the school were apparently reluctant to talk about the issue, and it appears he wasn’t the only person to have walked away from the job for this reason.

I’m reluctant to name the school, because I know how easily stories like this can get blown up, but I wondered if folk new of any other genuine cases of people who have been spooked locally by unexplained happenings.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
St Lukes ?

if we are talking near Queens Park then that is one of the spookiest places I have worked
mind you I was an apprentice at the time and it could just have been the idiot I was working with

Janbha

Dec 5, 2008
Hove
if we are talking near Queens Park then that is one of the spookiest places I have worked
mind you I was an apprentice at the time and it could just have been the idiot I was working with

Yes thats the one , though ive not even been there ive heard lots of outlandish creepy stories from another poster on here about the school and also the clock tower and water fountain in queens park itself .

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
What's the story on The Amex being built on an ancient burial site.
People have reported strange noises coming from the away team dressing room, and on one instance, ectoplasm was smeared all over the floor and walls.
Spooky.

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
Weird goings on last winter in BN3. I made a snowman in my back garden. After a few days, it completely disappeared and all that was left behind was a puddle of water

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
Yes thats the one , though ive not even been there ive heard lots of outlandish creepy stories from another poster on here about the school and also the clock tower and water fountain in queens park itself .

Then I'm happy to confirm the school is St Lukes

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
We had a bell in our Ghost Tower at our School, weird!

SeagullSarge

Jul 8, 2012
Did the ghost look like this?

images.jpg

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Clapham Wood. Went there before knowing anything about the place. Stomach cramps, chills, dis-orientated, Horse going nuts, no life in there, no birds overhead. Read up on it when I git back. Never going there again. Grim place.

Oh and I had to wipe my arse with a cucumber infused Wet One once, felt like I was being fingered by a ghost.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
The Mrs went to a medium event at Lancing Manor last night, something which I do not believe in at all.
However, the things she told my Mrs, without even knowing her first name, has well and truly spooked her.
I've of course tried to rationalise it, but I'm not having much success.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
The Mrs went to a medium event at Lancing Manor last night, something which I do not believe in at all.
However, the things she told my Mrs, without even knowing her first name, has well and truly spooked her.
I've of course tried to rationalise it, but I'm not having much success.

Dunno if this is the case with your wife but they have a few tricks up their sleeves. One classic is once yo uhave booked your ticket, they cold call you pretending to be a company of some sort, funeral directors, car sales, almost anything and illicit info from you. Bunch of bloody highwayman and should be treated with the contempt they crate for themselves. Con merchants.

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011

Stories about the water fountain in Queen's Park have been around for quite a few years. A walk through through Queen's Park late at night is very creepy, used to cut through there as a short cut up to Queen's Park Rise, An even more scary one is a walk through the cemetery between Hartington Rd and Bear Rd. Apparently an apparition of a Roman Centurion has been reported by a quite a few people outside the cemetery gates.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Dunno if this is the case with your wife but they have a few tricks up their sleeves. One classic is once yo uhave booked your ticket, they cold call you pretending to be a company of some sort, funeral directors, car sales, almost anything and illicit info from you. Bunch of bloody highwayman and should be treated with the contempt they crate for themselves. Con merchants.

This is the sort of reasoning I was trying to come up with. However, she bought her ticket on the night with cash, no form of ID, address, telephone number given.

The only answer I could throw together was that the 'dead' was a mutual friend of them both, and somehow the medium recognised the Mrs, but the Mrs did not recognise her. The level of information she provided on the 'dead' must mean she knew them, or, she really did communicate with them, but then I don't believe in that...

But then to be able to do it with several other people at the same event... I don't know. I still don't believe it though!

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
This is the sort of reasoning I was trying to come up with. However, she bought her ticket on the night with cash, no form of ID, address, telephone number given.

The only answer I could throw together was that the 'dead' was a mutual friend of them both, and somehow the medium recognised the Mrs, but the Mrs did not recognise her. The level of information she provided on the 'dead' must mean she knew them, or, she really did communicate with them, but then I don't believe in that...

But then to be able to do it with several other people at the same event... I don't know. I still don't believe it though!

A lot of mediums are vague and say things would that apply to 99% of the population, BUT I have come across a few and how they know the things they know is beyond me. I once met one who never knew me and only knew my first name, he was working in a warehouse at the time and I was there as security as they had a lot of thefts etc. He told me that he was also a medium and went to a spiritualist church to do a session(whatever it called) once a fortnight. I told him I was a medium as well and I could tell him he was going to have a birthday in the next twelve months, he said to me "stomach in, shoulders back, chest out" My grandad always used to say that to me when I was little and there is NO WAY he could have known. He then told me a few other things and they turned out true. I do not think about it much as it blew my mind and I cannot begin to rationalise it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here