Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

March eyes breakthough (while Garcia alters training)

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23515856

"With the new gaffer [Oscar Garcia] in and the new staff we're doing two-touch [drills] in training and I've got to get used to it. Once I am used to it I think I can make the step up."

Once that clicks we'll be zipping the ball around and leaving the opposition chasing shadows. Hopefully.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
IMHO the coaching of OG is beginning to show and I only wish he had been recruited earlier in order to be to be ready for the start of the season. I think that come the end of August/September we will be buzzing.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
IMHO the coaching of OG is beginning to show and I only wish he had been recruited earlier in order to be to be ready for the start of the season. I think that come the end of August/September we will be buzzing.

When he took over at Tel Aviv it took a few months for the players to adopt his style and then they started steamrollering teams week in week out, especially at home. Given that he is here for evolution rather than revolution hopefully it won't take as long

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
When he took over at Tel Aviv it took a few months for the players to adopt his style and then they started steamrollering teams week in week out, especially at home. Given that he is here for evolution rather than revolution hopefully it won't take as long
The bulk of the squad can cope with two-touch drills :shrug:.
They just didn't have to do it, unless the second touch was backwards.

All of the midfield should be on their knees giving thanks.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset

Interested to know what it is you have seen that makes you think this. I haven't been to any pre-season so what are the changes that you have spotted that make you optimistic?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That's not going to help our 'reputation' now, is it?
True, but I'm not wrong.

I should say clearly I have no idea what a two-touch drill is.
I'm just assuming it's something Dean Hammond couldn't do.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
I should say clearly I have no idea what a two-touch drill is.
I'm just assuming it's something Dean Hammond couldn't do.

hehe

Hammond's instructions last year

1c.png

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
So instead of Kuszczak to Greer to El Abd to Greer to El Abd to Kuszczak to Greer to Bruno to Greer to Bridcutt will it be Kuszczak to Greer to Bridcutt and attack ?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
A two touch drill is first touch receive the pass seccond touch pass it, doesn't mean the ball will go forward any quicker, but it does get the players used to not having so much time on the ball as March said they have in DS games.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So instead of Kuszczak to Greer to El Abd to Greer to El Abd to Kuszczak to Greer to Bruno to Greer to Bridcutt will it be Kuszczak to Greer to Bridcutt check to see the opposition are all in place then... attack ?

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
There were signs of two touch last night. Greer particularly was often prone to receive ball, tap it forward, look up, tap it forward and pass. Last night far more two touches from him and El Abd did a brilliant two touch with a diagonal ball from left to right that was spot on for the receiving player (Solly?)

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
A two touch drill is first touch receive the pass seccond touch pass it, doesn't mean the ball will go forward any quicker, but it does get the players used to not having so much time on the ball as March said they have in DS games.

And it goes without saying that your first touch puts the ball in place for the second touch.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Gus elevated our footie style to a different level. I now expect OG and his Spanish coaching gurus to improve the players technical skills too. Surely that will help us adapt to OG's higher tempo style.

Ok it won't happen overnight but this is grounds for hope as it could be the difference between us and many rivals who are stuck in the English coaching methods. I also think it helps to see the type of players we are bringing in - they appear comfortable on the ball.

OK some of the DS aren't natural ball players (yet) but OG is at least giving them some pitch time to evaluate them.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
So instead of Kuszczak to Greer to El Abd to Greer to El Abd to Kuszczak to Greer to Bruno to Greer to Bridcutt will it be Kuszczak to Greer to Bridcutt and attack ?

Depends. If we're 2-0 up, I'm perfectly happy with the former.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
I think this style of play would really have suited Gary Dicker :shrug:

Would have said the complete opposite! Him and Hammond would seriously have struggled I think. Agustien's little cameo yesterday showed what technical ability and speed the CM's will need to work to, Hammond and Dicker are just too slow for that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here