Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why am I all a bit m-eh?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I'm worried. Seriously worried.

The footy season starts in 3 days time, but right now I'm really not that bothered about it. Normally I'm chomping at the bit at the thought of a new season, but some reason this year I'm just not up for it. Maybe I haven't got over the Palace defeat yet, or the Gus saga, or anything else that's been going on. Maybe it's because we're away first game and I'm not going, or the fact we've just moved house so I've been mentally too stressed to worry about footy, I just don't know. I'm just hoping that come the first home match, I'm back to my normal Albion fanatical self.

Anyone else feeling similar?

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I'm honestly more excited than ever. Think we have a really good shout at automatic and really looking forward to seeing how the team develops under Oscar. Can't wait for a whole season of the Cyclone TERRORISING defences.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I cured my self of that by booking Leeds away today. I'm really quite up for it now.

I think the weird thing is the season starting so early, and trying to get built up for the season whilst still in a notional holiday mode.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Just wait until you get to your first competitive game of the season - that'll sort you right out

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm not anti the season start, but like you I'm hardly raring to go.

I'm chalking it up to firstgameawayitis.

I'm all set for Derby, the away games I can go too are planned, I'm very much TeamOscar, but it is still summer.

I blocked all things Gus and most things Albion after 'that' interview.
So I think it's only natural for it to take a little while before I'm hopping from one foot to the other holding my willy, with excitement.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Not as up for it as previous years but it will come once we get into the swing of things.

Got to bear in mind the last 2 per seasons have been monumental due to the new stAdium and new stadium with hopes of promotion.

What you are feeling probably isn't far off normal

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Not as up for it as previous years but it will come once we get into the swing of things.

Got to bear in mind the last 2 per seasons have been monumental due to the new stAdium and new stadium with hopes of promotion.

What you are feeling probably isn't far off normal

this
once we settle and the new guy settles I am sure we will all be OK

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Well up for it now. My last game was the play off defeat, and I want to consign that to history now.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not having a clue how good or bad we are likely to be under Oscar probably puts the brakes on being too enthusiastic just now.

We are all in unknown territory, 99% have never seen an Oscar team play a competitive match and he has never managed a 1st team in Europe has he? Will there be a hangover from Gusgate? Too many variables but once kick off comes I imagine enthusiasm will flood back.

Buckley's Mad Eye

Oct 27, 2012
I'm over the palace thing now, over Gus, looking forward to it really. We've managed to keep our best players (except Bridge and Vicente) and this Dutch fellow looks a good addition. We'll soon get into the swing of things again.

The younger Pottings and I are looking forward to the Burnley Game on the 24th which is the first we can make. Youngest Potting recalls fondly the equivalent game last year on the Saturday prior to the Bank Holiday - 5 - 1 v Barnsley in the sunshine - and considers that as the name is similar and they are from "up north" it is a good omen.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
It's my birthday this Saturday, so I thought I would go to Leeds with the wife and kids. I then thought about the cost of five of us going. I then got invited to a wedding reception Saturday night. I then got a tee time for a golf comp with many many prizes on Saturday morning. I was still in the shall/I shan't I go mode, then went to both friendlies and although I enjoyed them, I am still a bit meh.

Sod it, Golf and Wedding with the birthday drinks, footy can wait until Derby or maybe Newport...

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I agree but for me I just don't think I'm into football as much as I was a few years ago, it has nothing to do with Palace, Gus or anything like that. Can't put my finger on it but the Olympics didn't help.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here