Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Transport to Newport game from Tunbridge Wells

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Can't believe i'm having to do this for a second game in a row, but my coach company has pulled the rug from under me ONCE AGAIN and i have no transport! Is anyone driving from T/Wells with a spare seat that is begging to be filled? Petrol money can be paid of course. Cheers! David

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
Can't believe i'm having to do this for a second game in a row, but my coach company has pulled the rug from under me ONCE AGAIN and i have no transport! Is anyone driving from T/Wells with a spare seat that is begging to be filled? Petrol money can be paid of course. Cheers! David

Is the 29 bus that leaves from Tun Wells and drops off at Falmer not running then?

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Last one back leaves about 8.30 from the Uni! Marvellous. Third World transport! Looked into the train but that has the potential for problems if connections aren't made, and i don't plan to sleep on a platform! All i can say is - bugger!

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Last one back leaves about 8.30 from the Uni! Marvellous. Third World transport! Looked into the train but that has the potential for problems if connections aren't made, and i don't plan to sleep on a platform! All i can say is - bugger!

I think The Sudan has bigger problems than a bus service which usually runs every 15 minutes not running past 8.30PM because passenger numbers are low !! For train, last possible trains you could get are at 10PM to Brighton or 10.13 to Lewes, then via whatever route to Tunbridge Wells.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011

What Seagull Travel coach ?

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
What Seagull Travel coach ?

Hi Baz - it's the coach you normally pick up in Crowborough. So i bought my Norwich and Newport tickets, booked the coach, then a week before each game the coach co email to say business is bad, so no coach! At least you can go on your motorbike!

The screamer

NSC's biggest geek
Apr 2, 2010
Portsmouth
I'm facing the same problem from Portsmouth... no coach being ran and trains could be a problem!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Although the last one from Brighton is 19.05 if you need to go further than Uckfield.

Actually a 28 which goes on to TW leaves at 8:30 - I've caught it before, but the point is right - no chance of a bus to TW after evening games. Night bus to Uckfield on Thurs?, Fridays and Saturdays is the closest you can get after 8:30.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Bus to Uckfield. 22.34 train, Uckfield to Eridge. Taxi/walk/ponce a lift/cycle from Eridge to Tunbridge Wells. Sorted.

Of course, if the game goes to extra time or the buses to Uckfield don't pan out, you are screwed.

Travel by train!

Falmer to Brighton (dep Falmer at 2157)
Brighton to East Croydon (dep Brighton at 2219)
East Croydon to London Bridge (dep East Croydon at 2302)
London Bridge to Tunbridge Wells (dep London Bridge at 2339)
Arrive Tunbridge Wells at 0027

Three different train operators, so no cheap deals.

Off-Peak Day Single (from the Southern website):- £34.70

And NO booking fee.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here