Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Solomon March's Role Next Season

What sort of Role will March Play Next Season

• Total voters

spanishdave

Jul 30, 2013
Hove
He's been pretty impressive during pre season, blasting in a couple of goals, what sort of role do you think he'll play next season?

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
He played an absolute blinder last night, linking well with Ulloa, attacking the full-back, great goal.. Bet he doesn't start on Saturday :(

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Would like to see him step up to full time training with the first team but playing regularly for development squad.

Continue development with occasional appearances from the bench for the first team and possibly perhaps the odd start in the cups.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
He played an absolute blinder last night, linking well with Ulloa, attacking the full-back, great goal.. Bet he doesn't start on Saturday :(

Starting him on Sat based on ONE friendly game would be daft.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
He's a good option to have when Buckley/KLL aren't performing but I'm not expecting him to be on the bench all the time. I think we'll see him involved in games we are expected to win comfortably, coming off the bench

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I voted for Cup Games, but, as I said above, I would like to see him training full time with the first team, playing regularly for development squad and included on first team bench fairly regularly.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patreon
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
From the argus

Albion head coach Oscar Garcia was delighted with his young goalscorer last night.
Solly March found the net with an unstoppable left-foot shot from 25 yards as the Seagulls drew 1-1 with Norwich at The Amex last night.
It was their final friendly before the Championship opener at Leeds on Saturday.
Oscar said: “We know the ability of Solly. We want him to train with the first team, because that is the best way he can improve. I am happy for him and the other young players we gave minutes to.
“It was a test. I wanted to give some minutes to the young players, because now we start the League and I wanted to know if they can help us.
“I like to work with young players, because they want to improve, to be better players, but they have to work hard and practise harder than before, because they are professionals now.”
Oscar has no fresh injury worries for Saturday’s Championship opener.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Rotation at a minimum, to people saying "bench", he was on the bench for half of last season and I don't recall a single game where he actually came on.

Buckley can't last 90 minutes and has some injury worries anyway, why not rotate?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Oscar Garcia said:
“We know the ability of Solly. We want him to train with the first team, because that is the best way he can improve. I am happy for him and the other young players we gave minutes to.
“It was a test. I wanted to give some minutes to the young players, because now we start the League and I wanted to know if they can help us.
“I like to work with young players, because they want to improve, to be better players, but they have to work hard and practise harder than before, because they are professionals now.”

Love this.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Season's loan to Oxford.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
I would start him as rotational to give him more experience and show what he's capable of in a match situation, if he continues to play like he did last night then obviously move him up the pecking order. Sticking in any particular category for the whole season is daft right now.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
At least we now have a manager (sorry, coach) who encourages the younger players by giving them good opportunities to prove themselves.

I can't help thinking that he would have been loaned out to some League 2 club for the season under Gus.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here