Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oscar pleased for March [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Oscar pleased for March[/h]11:30am Wednesday 31st July 2013 in Albion By Andy Naylor
2566147.jpg
Solly March scored for Albion last night. Picture by Tony Wood
Albion head coach Oscar Garcia was delighted with his young goalscorer last night.
Solly March found the net with an unstoppable left-foot shot from 25 yards as the Seagulls drew 1-1 with Norwich at The Amex last night.
It was their final friendly before the Championship opener at Leeds on Saturday.
Oscar said: “We know the ability of Solly. We want him to train with the first team, because that is the best way he can improve. I am happy for him and the other young players we gave minutes to.
“It was a test. I wanted to give some minutes to the young players, because now we start the League and I wanted to know if they can help us.
“I like to work with young players, because they want to improve, to be better players, but they have to work hard and practise harder than before, because they are professionals now.”
Oscar has no fresh injury worries for Saturday’s Championship opener. He added: “I think Bruno will be okay. The main thing we wanted was not to have injured players to start the League.
“It’s been a tough pre-season for us. We’ve played against big teams from La Liga, now Norwich from the Premier League.
“Results in pre-season are not important but they help with the confidence of the players. We’ve won four games, drew one and lost one.
“Now I want to get started (in the Championship). I would have preferred to have started here with all the fans, playing a home game, but the best alternative is Leeds away.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here