Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leeds United

northernseagull

Mar 12, 2013
Leeds gave us a pretty good run for our money at Ellen Road last season, but it seems they have taken a lot of steps backwards this summer under the ASC ownership.

Three very average signings, poor pre-season, no Camel spitters up front, no Ken Bates in the board room, and absolutely no optimism from their fans... in fact their lot think were going to give them a footballing masterclass. I hope so...

Any else a little more cautious? I think a 2-0 comfortable win.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
While this may all be true, we still look a little undercooked and a few look short of match fitness. A 1-1 draw for me.

northernseagull

Mar 12, 2013
We haven't exactly set the transfer market alight. Spanish Dave and Upson aside obviously.

In all honesty we didn't really need to set the market alight. The squad is already pretty good! With Solly and co looking great in pre season I can't see the need to spend unless they are at a substantially higher level than what we currently have

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
How on earth can anyone say with any authority how good any rival team in this division will be before a ball has been kicked in anger?

I would be delighted with a point from Saturday. Delighted.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I think they'll edge it unless we put a young willing side out. 3-1 Leeds IMO

Surely if we put out pretty much the side that finished 4th last season, that will have a good chance of a draw/win?

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Leeds are still in debt and need £10m a year from GFH just to stay afloat in this league. They cant bring in any more new faces, unless they get rid of players - and so far no takers. The ones they have brought in are nothing special.

Although Bates has now gone his legacy will last for years and hamper the club. They do not own Elland Road, nor their training ground. Plus, Bates took out loans against this and next seasons season tickets.

So on paper, Albion should win. But Leeds fans will make it a difficult atmospere and McDermott is no duffer. Add in early games and any result is possible. I'll go with a 1-1 (with Dirty Leeds scoring late on)

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
With Leeds no longer having to mortgage themselves to the hilt to pay for Bates's expenses, expect a run from them this season.

northernseagull

Mar 12, 2013
With Leeds no longer having to mortgage themselves to the hilt to pay for Bates's expenses, expect a run from them this season.

Bate's expenses were hardly the reason Leeds are in turmoil are they? Roots are much deeper than Bates, and a few thousand saved on the budget is hardly going to bring in better players and a run of fortune in the league ???

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Teams will improve season on season to sustain their position. We haven't changed much since last season, whereas Leeds have changed for the better

How have they changed for the better? Serious question, I personally think their team is weaker than last season...

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Leeds gave us a pretty good run for our money at Ellen Road last season, but it seems they have taken a lot of steps backwards this summer under the ASC ownership.

Three very average signings, poor pre-season, no Camel spitters up front, no Ken Bates in the board room, and absolutely no optimism from their fans... in fact their lot think were going to give them a footballing masterclass. I hope so...

Any else a little more cautious? I think a 2-0 comfortable win.

i would love that.....was my initial thought on the score , would shut them up for a while. loads of leeds over here.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Teams will improve season on season to sustain their position. We haven't changed much since last season, whereas Leeds have changed for the better

Assuming no new injuries, we will put out a stronger starting 11 on Saturday than we did against them at the end of last season.

Theyorkshireseagull

Aug 31, 2011
Leeds
I am expecting a tough game, although we have them on paper in terms of quality, they should have at least 30k fans in Elland road that should help the team. We really need an early goal to shut them up, then it could be 3-0 or 4-1. longer it stays goaless, more likely they are to win IMO. Be good if we could rile up a few of their players and get them sent off again #ShitBalotelli

Also, Brian McDermott looks like an egg, so be good to get some Humpty Dumpty related chants going.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Not according to quite a few of their fans, and they're missing 2/3 of their best players. Leeds are a midtable side.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
30,000+ rabid Yorkies roaring them on will make it a difficult encounter. Spanish Len has to do the business.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
They regarded Bates and Williams as 'the Chelsea mafia'. A look at any of their chat rooms' responses to the staff changes there shows that they're anything but pessimistic. Look at the responses here.

I realise many of them are the usual, over-the-top Leeds stuff, but it shows they're going to be right up for this one.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here