Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Journey Home Last Night

Matrix10

Jun 7, 2011
Bexhill
Same as last season for evening games, the train goes as far as Eastbourne and just misses the connection to the Hastings train, so a 50 minute wait for the next train.

Not too bad in the summer, especially with Wetherspoons opposite the station, but still a bit of a pain as I have to be up at 6am and don’t arrive home till gone midnight in Bexhill. It must be even worse for those travelling to Hastings. I can put up with it, but would rather not.

Also last season I heard parents telling their kids they will not be able to go to evening games in term time as they will be home too late to get up for school, and I heard the same thing last night.

There is nothing else on the line that time of night to Hastings so why can’t they hold the earlier train until the Brighton one arrives, or continue the Brighton train along to Hastings as it was still on the platform when the Hastings train arrived?

Sorry, I forgot I can answer that question myself. Why should Southern do something for customers well being and convenience !!!!!
:rant:

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Had the same trouble last season - not getting back to Hastings until midnight. For the last two friendlies I've driven to Polegate and got the train from there. Got home at 11.00 last night - just means not drinking unfortunately, but when taking my son it makes life a bit easier.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Same as last season for evening games, the train goes as far as Eastbourne and just misses the connection to the Hastings train, so a 50 minute wait for the next train.

Not too bad in the summer, especially with Wetherspoons opposite the station, but still a bit of a pain as I have to be up at 6am and don’t arrive home till gone midnight in Bexhill. It must be even worse for those travelling to Hastings. I can put up with it, but would rather not.

Also last season I heard parents telling their kids they will not be able to go to evening games in term time as they will be home too late to get up for school, and I heard the same thing last night.

There is nothing else on the line that time of night to Hastings so why can’t they hold the earlier train until the Brighton one arrives, or continue the Brighton train along to Hastings as it was still on the platform when the Hastings train arrived?

Sorry, I forgot I can answer that question myself. Why should Southern do something for customers well being and convenience !!!!!

Have you contacted Southern and asked if this is possible. :shrug: Sometimes it needs a campaign to get corporations off their lazy asses. :)

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

Have you contacted Southern and asked if this is possible. :shrug: Sometimes it needs a campaign to get corporations off their lazy asses. :)

Very much this

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

Yeah I had the same issue getting back to Bexhill on Saturday night. Some home games I drive to see my mum in Brighton first, but if I am getting the train from now on I think driving to Polegate is the answer, avoiding the whole connection/waiting at Eastbourne, thus getting home a lot quicker. Down side is not being able to have a few beers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here