Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gareth Bale

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If RM have genuinnely offered EIGHTY FIVE MILLION POUNDS for Bale, Spurs would be INSANE not to take it.

As an aside, I assume there are some very excited bean counters at SOUTHAMPTON right now, too.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
If RM have genuinnely offered EIGHTY FIVE MILLION POUNDS for Bale, Spurs would be INSANE not to take it.

As an aside, I assume there are some very excited bean counters at SOUTHAMPTON right now, too.
Certainly if it was all paid up front, yes. So it depends how it's offered, IMO. He's under contract at Spurs for 3 years I think, meaning they'll still get loads for him next season.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War

Rumour is they want £110 Million, which is ridiculous. He is no way near good enough for that amount of Money. If he is worth that according to Spurs, how much is Messi and Ronaldo worth now then?!

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Expect an exclusive update from Sky when he kicks a ball or does a bit of running!

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
The Bale saga is certainly getting annoying, but has some way to go before achieving the heights Ronaldo/Madrid and Fabregas/Barcelona. They seemed to go on for YEARS.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I read that he has successfully trade marked some hand gesture he does when he scores. How on earth does this work?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
So if you were a manager with 100m to spend would you prefer

1. Bale for 100M

or

2. Rooney, Higuain and Fabregas for 100M

It wouldn't quite work like that though, as you'd then need a massive increase in your wage budget.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
I read that he has successfully trade marked some hand gesture he does when he scores. How on earth does this work?

It doesn't look like a 6 year old has drawn it either.

balemark.jpg

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here